The Swan's Pride

"Oh dear, stay in bed! Your body needs rest, especially with those scars and wounds..."

"I'm sorry... Miss Liliana..." I spoke with the utmost grace and humility.

In Astray's palace, where I now reside, an unbelievable tragedy has unfolded. The sheer magnitude of this opulent place is beyond comprehension. Although I've only explored a fraction of it, the astonishment continues to linger. The designated room could easily fit my humble village cottage several times over. Its walls boast pure Arctic Emerald and Jasmine Palladium craftsmanship. Enchanted paintings infuse the surroundings with a magical aura. And my bed—oh, my bed—is soft, fluffy, and expansive! They even use pure swans for the ultimate comfort, draped in the finest, shiniest Melodio silk. Dresses, skirts, and corsets—all carefully selected from the latest royal magazine...

Oh, oh, oh! 

Hold on to your taste buds because I haven't spilled the cocoa beans on the most exciting part—prepare yourself for the royal desserts! It's like a sugar-coated fairy-tale inside my belly!

Frosty cakes, Ganache pies, Margareta tarts and...

The greatest out of them all! 

Astray's speciality, Plum Buns!

When I woke up in Westmount, my memories were all jumbled, leaving me clueless about who I was and where I came from. Living as a beggar on the streets, I stumbled through life quite clumsily and I remember only the wealthiest could indulge in such royal desserts. I'd stand outside the bakery, watching royals munch carefreely, wishing they'd accidentally drop a few crumbs my way. Back then, the thought of such an ideal life was beyond my wildest dreams. Even now, in this flawless world, I can't shake the feeling that I don't belong here. This isn't my home. That's why, despite the luxuries around me, I've chosen to sleep on the floor, gazing at the beautiful bed from a distance. I decline the most delectable-looking meals and stick to my humble clothing. I'm not deserving of such generosity. I'm grateful for the care I've received. My health was truly put to the test, and my scars are a testament to that. Every time I look in the mirror, I feel... I've never considered myself worthy or particularly beautiful, but these scars diminish my value even further. From now on, surely no man could be interested in me with these marks on my chest and stomach. I'll have to wear extra layers to cover myself up.

The pain still lingers... these wounds run deep. However, Miss Liliana, my golden caretaker, advised me never to remove the lovely necklace gifted by His Highness. It supposedly holds surpassed divinity, expediting the healing of physical injuries. As a commoner, I lack magic, and such knowledge and abilities are foreign to me. Typically, royals, healers and concubines are the ones bestowed with such powers to maintain balance in the World.

Anyhow...

"I don't have the luxury to ponder over such matters. I'm just grateful to have this magical necklace – it's like my personal superhero cape, but around my neck!"

"Oh my, Themellia! You're back on the floor again! It's not good for your health at this rate! Please, let me help you!" Liliana entered the room with a tray of edibles, surprised to see Themellia on the floor once more, resisting the bed prepared for her.

"Miss Liliana! I didn't see you come in! I'm sorry, I was in my own little world there..."

"My goodness! I'm quite curious why you haven't taken to the bed. Is there something lacking in its quality, perhaps? Or maybe it needs an extra touch, like a missing comforter? Could the colour be the issue? Pray, do share your thoughts." 

"Oh, no no! Please, don't think... I truly appreciate it. It's a lovely bed. No! It's perfection! Perfection, it is!"

How could I convey to her that it's too valuable for someone like me to use?