Sleeping Beauty

Lilliana, the esteemed head nursery maid in the castle, is also entrusted with tending to fires, ensuring cleanliness, and maintaining order. Throughout the decade, she has nurtured countless royal children. However, her most cherished was always Chamenos, the reserved and stoic son of the Empress.

"Oh, my dear, you are back?"

Themellia responded only with a gentle nod.

"Shall I prepare the bath water for you?" 

"Please do not bother, Miss Lilliana! I will go and fetch water for the both of us."

Lilliana glanced at her, quite surprised by her rather upbeat mood, a change that slowly but surely improved over time. "Alright, my child. Please, be careful. Its getting dark!"

Themellia's wide smile reassured her as she neatly picked up the hefty wooden pole and made her way towards the nearby Genevie river, situated close to the servants' dormitories. 

"Miss Lilliana was right... I can barely see anything... Should have brought a torch," she murmured to herself, cautiously treading along the path, guided by the flickering light of the sconces set by the guards. "It's peacefully quiet... The sky is filled with stars!" She paused for a moment, gazing upwards, admiring the tranquil scenery. "Huh?! Did I just hear something?" Themellia swiftly ducked behind a bush, avoiding any suspicious passers-by.

"As I've mentioned before, the Emperor must recognize the significance of this marriage to the crown prince. He's far too relaxed for his own good!" Suddenly, two men emerged from the darkness, passing by Themellia's hiding spot.

"Fear not, Rosario. Everything will proceed as per our agreement. His Highness may be stubborn, but he would never dare to defy his father's commands."

"He'd better not... Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to strip him of his title."

"This voice...Its all too familiar..." Unbeknownst to her, Themellia froze, masking her deep breaths as an inexplicable fear gripped her heart. "What's happening to me? I'm trembling..." As the suspicious figures vanished, she shook her head forcefully and bolted towards her destination with all her might. When she finally reached the river, her heart was racing uncontrollably, leaving her gasping for air. "Did that man just mention killing the Young Master?!" Themellia's expression quickly twisted into pure horror as she struggled to recall something, a feeling of unease settling deep within her mind. "My head is throbbing again..."

Just as she was about to pivot and head back to her room, a looming shadow enveloped her. "Oh, please! Don't harm me! I swear I didn't hear anything!" She immediately sank to the ground, shielding herself from whoever she believed could be a potential assailant.

"Are you out of your mind?" The mysterious shadow's voice broke the silence, its tone steady and firm.

"Huh?!" Even more terrified, she clutched her trembling arms tightly around herself, sinking further into the ground.

"Will you stand?" He asked uneasily.

With fear gripping her, Themellia cautiously opened her eyes, her gaze slowly traveling up from the familiar man's boots to his face, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. "Young Master!" She breathed a deep sigh, feeling the anxiety dissipate from her chest.

"Who did you think it was?" Chamenos questioned sharply, his gaze piercing as he observed her unusual state.

"Well..." She hesitated, swallowing hard before attempting to formulate a coherent response.

"Why are you out here?" He pressed, his tone insistent.

"I... I'm just fetching water!" Themellia exclaimed, pointing at her pole with a feigned playfulness. "I couldn't possibly tell him what I just heard..." Her eyes although betrayed her visible concerns.