The Reunion

"Ladies and gentlemen, let us welcome Prince Chamenos the third of the Liebert dynasty and Princess Penelope from the Ambrosia Marquessate!" Declared the specially appointed announcer for today's event.

As per the directive, the entire assembly rose from their seats, eagerly awaiting the grand entrance. Amidst the murmurs of anticipation, snippets of gossip circulated among them.

"I rarely catch sight of His Highness at such events..."

"It'll be a first for me as well..."

"But Princess Penelope, she's a regular, known for her extravagant parties..."

"Complete opposites, wouldn't you say?"

Descending the shimmering staircase, their presence seemed to illuminate the room even further, defying all previous expectations. Penelope gracefully clung to Chamenos's arm as he guided them forward, her expression gentle and serene, while Chamenos exuded an aura of regal authority. The assembled guests gazed upon them in awe, mesmerized by their stunning union, as they embodied a beauty that transcended mortal realms, possessing a divine allure that left all beholders spellbound.

As tradition demanded, the Emperor and Empress also rose from their seats, honouring the arrival of the magnificent couple. Chamenos initiated with an elegant bow, addressing the Emperor, "Your Majesty," followed by Penelope, their greeting imbued with grace.

The Emperor observed quietly before turning to his son. "You appear to be in good spirits, Chamenos."

Despite the passage of years since their last meeting, Chamenos remained unruffled, unperturbed by their reunion. While one might expect a tearful embrace, these two men seemed too stoic for such sentimental displays. Eventually, Chamenos calmly raised his head and replied, "I assure you, Your Majesty."

After exchanging a couple of glances, Chamenos also directed his gaze towards the current Empress, Helena, who had assumed the role following his birth mother. As Penelope also approached to offer her greetings, they both proceeded to take their seats. Positioned on a raised platform above the crowd were four chairs, the most opulent in the room. The Emperor, Constantine Van Liebert, sat at the center, with the Empress on his left and Chamenos on his right, while Penelope took her place beside the Empress.

The assembled then multitude advanced, one by one, to pay homage before the preeminent family of the century, whose dynasty had reigned supreme for generations. "What a splendid couple, Your Majesty. May their future be filled with greatness and prosperity!"

Chamenos remained silent, graciously accepting the well-wishes, while Penelope basked in the attention. This debutante was hers and hers alone.

As the formalities concluded, the tables brimmed with an array of delicacies, from the finest cuts of meat to delectable desserts. Despite the collective eagerness to indulge in the feast, tradition dictated that the young couple offer a toast and share a glass of wine with the assembled guests. Thus, Chamenos rose to meet the anticipation.

"Our aspiration from the outset has been to guide Astray toward victory, and with it, a lasting peace. Should history demand it, we must stand resolute and navigate our path forward. The empire forged by my family's legacy is one I am committed to advancing, striving to enrich the lives of our people even further. I extend my heartfelt gratitude to all who have adorned today's ball with their presence."

The entire crowd erupted into applause, seemingly captivated by his commanding tone, undeniably fitting for a ruler.

"Excellent..." The Emperor murmured quietly, before giving the signal for all to begin their feast.