Prologue

- dec 7, 2020

it was 3:00 am when i woke up out my sleep as i heard someone bust into my front door.

i knew it was deshaun by the loud stomps up the stairs, i pretended to go back to sleep because usually when he comes back home THIS late he's off dope and lean ready to beat a bitch ass.

"maaliyah where you at?" he screamed through the house.

i pretended to be sleep still trying to stop myself from shaking.

he came bust through my bedroom and snatched the cover off of me.

i jumped up and scooted away from him towards the bed frame trying to protect myself with pillows.

he snatched the pillows and dragged me off the bed by my hair.

he starts punching me while i screamed "DESHAUN STOP" over and over again.

he grabbed me by my neck with a tight grip and starts pushing my into the dressers and bashed my head in the mirror.

"deshaun why are you doing this?" i said, as im crying.

"because you deserve it bitch." he said sternly.

everything just blacked out after that.

——————————————————————-
- dec 8, 2020
it was my moms birthday and i decided to visit her at her lil get together.

i don't know what imma do about these bruises but imma make something shake.

so i grabbed my makeup bag and put makeup all over the bruises gently because they sore.

when i was done i got dressed and was ready to head out grabbing all of my belongings when i ran into deshaun as i was walking out my room door.

"where tf you going?" deshaun asked.

"my momma birthday today.. she having a get together i'll be back home later."

"let me see yo face." he said grabbing my chin tilting my head so he can see the bruises.

"oh aight they covered up." he jacked his hand off my face.

"imma see you later" he said pecking my lips.

i walked out and never went back.