Part 2 - The Sorting Ceremony

"Ahhh another Diggory. But this one's different."

Yn's pov:

"We're ready for you now. Follow me." She said leading us through a pair of large, old, oak doors as they start to swing open by themselves without anyone touching them.

We walked down between four tables that had banners above each and were filled with students. One was green and silver with a snake on it. I am guessing that was Slytherin. One had red and gold colour's with a lion on it. One I knew only to well because of Cedric's robes it was Hufflepuff it was yellow and black with a badger on. And the last one was blue and silver with a eagle on it. I saw Cedric so I gave him an innocent smile when I was about to have and anxiety attack because I don't do well in front of large crowds. I look up to see the night sky all across the ceiling with floating candles. It was beautiful.

"It's not real the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione said letting me know to read that book. We continued to walk up to the front which had a stool with an old hat sat upon it.

"Will you wait along here pls." Professor Mcgonagall said telling us to stop in front of the steps leading to the stool and the hat. "Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledor would like to say a few words." And the she stopped talking as the headmaster started to stand up to speak.

"I have a few start of term notices I would wish to announce. The first years pls note that the dark Forrest is strictly forbidden to all students. And also our care taker mr Filtch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die the most painful death. Thank you." Dumbledor said finishing up his speech and sitting back down to watch us first years get sorted. Professor Mcgonagall unravels the scroll to see the list of students and then starts speaking.

"When I call your name. You shall come forth. I will place the sorting hat on your head. And you'll be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger." I whisper good luck to her and she gives me a smile before walking up the steps to the stool. Professor Mcgonagall lifted the hat and as she sat on the stool Professor Mcgonagall lowered the hat onto Hermione's head. Out of nowhere, the hat started speaking catching me off guard making me jump. But I swear I heard Harry laugh a little. I turned to see him trying to hold back his smile and laugh.

Harry's POV:

"Ahhhh. Right then." The hat said which I thought was really cool but I turned just in time to see Yn jump a little. I couldn't help but laugh at how jumpy she was. It was adorable. No Harry you can't think that. She's your best friend. The hat continued talking. "Mmmmm. Right. Okay. GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled as the Gryffindor table burst with cheer making me jump a little. Hermione got off the stool and ran to Gryffindor table really happy.

"Draco Malfoy." Professor Mcgonagall called. Draco walked up to the stools and sat down. The hat hadn't even touched him when it yelled "SLYTHERIN!" Draco quickly winked at Yn and ran over to Slytherin table. My blood was boiling. Professor called another name "Susan Bones." She got sorted into "HUFFLEPUFF!" Ron's name was called and I look over to see him shocked that he was next. Ron got sorted into Gryffindor like the rest of his siblings. Next was me, while i was getting sorted I could here it debating whether to put me in Slytherin or Gryffindor also telling me that I could do great things in Slytherin. I started saying "Not Slytherin" over and over again. It finally decided to put me in "Gryffindor!" I walked over to Gryffindor table. Three other students were got sorted until I heard the words. "Yn Diggory."

Yn's POV:

I walked over to the stool and sat down as the sorting hat was placed on my head and it started talking. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. " Ahhh another Diggory. But your different. I can sense that your past is not what it seems to be but your already questioning that. Very smart. Your more powerful. I dare say have traits of all houses within you. You are no normal witch. But where to put you. Your future is no different in any house. Your fate and destiny remain the same." The hat said going quiet. I waited for 12 minutes before I was sat there waiting for 11 and a half minutes before it finally made up its mind. "Ahhh perfect. Yes. Better be ..... GRYFFINDOR!" I smiled happily that I was sorted and I finally opening my eyes and getting off the seat and made my way to the Gryffindor table. A loud cheer was sounded as I walked over. I sat next to Hermione who hugged me relieved we are in the same house. The rest of the first years were sorted into their houses. Professor Mcgonagall tapped a spoon onto a glass catching everyone's attention. Dumbeldor stood up once more causing everyone to look at him.