Part 12 - Home is where the Heart is

"Look Cedric, if I wanted someone to have a go at me. I would wait until I got home."

Yn's POV:

A bright light blinds me as I my eyes flutter open. After my eyes adjust to the light, I realise that I am in the Hospital Wing again. I sit up and have a look at my surroundings and I see that my brother is in a chair next to me sleeping. In the bed opposite me was Harry in a bed unconscious. I wonder what happened last night after I passed out. Madam Pomfry walks into view and she jumps slightly when she sees me awake and sat up.

"Yn dear. You're awake." She said and she walked over and poured a cup of something. "Now drink this and then you can leave when I say when. Don't worry you are not expected to be in lessons today, so when you leave, I suggest that you go to your common room." She said and then walked away. I drank the potion and it tasted horrible. I sat in the bed and finally noticed that at the bottom of my bed was a small pile of sweets. I look through the pile and there were a lot of chocolate frogs and Bertie botts every flavoured beans. I sat back in my seat with a box of Bertie botts every flavoured beans.

All of a sudden, Cedric started to wake up. He began rubbing his eyes and looked at me and the next thing I know Cedric is trying to kill me with a bone crushing hug.

"Ced-ric i can't bre-ath." I said and even to me I was barely even audible. Cedric let go of me and it looked like he had tears in his eyes.

"I'm so happy you are ok. This is the second time this year that you have been in the hospital wing knocked out Yn and it's only your first year. Next year i am going to make sure that you don't end up here again." Cedric said as tears drops drip down his face.

"Cedric I'm fine. You don't have to worry." I said trying to calm him down.

"No apparently I do have to worry. Not only did you end up in the hospital wing twice but you have broken multiple school rules and you even had detention in the forbidden forest. Do you know how dangerous it is in there?" Cedric said. I couldn't tell if he was angry or concerned.

"Look Cedric, if I wanted someone to have a go at me. I would wait until I got home." I said.

"Oh don't worry Mum and Dad both know about everything that you have done this year. Once I found out everything I thought it was best to tell them." Cedric said. I looked at him in disbelief. Now I know that I am definitely going to get an earful when I get home. I might have had a slim chance at completing dodging a lecture from my parents but now even that is gone. Madam Pomfry walked back around and saw that Cedric was now awake.

"Oh Mr Diggory. You are awake. Miss Diggory here may have been excused from lessons today but you aren't. You only have two lessons left of the day anyway." Madam Pomfry said as she shooed Cedric out the door.
"Miss Diggory after lessons are completely finished you may leave."

I nod my head showing I understand. That means I have nothing to do for two hours. I looked around out of boredom and that's when I noticed that a book was placed on the bedside table next to me. It had to be from Hermione. I mean it can't be Harry because he is still unconscious and Ron is deadly allergic to the library and get me a book as a present from Cedric would be the same as saying that Voldemort was a good person. So that only leaves Mione. I open the book to the very first page and a piece of paper slips out. The note says:

Hey Yn,
If you're reading this that means you have woken up. I found something in the library and I can't believe that we missed it. It was in the very first book that we read once we got here. Check chapter 9 page 67. I think it could be a lead on the secrets of your magic. I can't wait to see you.