Part 11 - Two faced

"Oy! Two face!"

Harry's POV:

As Yn and I made our way down the stairs, I felt my heart begin to race more and more. Not out of fear of getting hurt myself but more out of fear for Yn. I'm scared that she will get hurt. She got badly hurt during the troll attack and throughout the whole of tonight she is the one who is covered in the most blood. I don't want to lose her.

We made our way down the last set of stairs which was connected to a large stone room. I held my hand to my forehead in pain. It felt as if a sharp needle was stabbing it. In the middle of the room was a large mirror. In front of the mirror stood a person. It wasn't who I expected it would be though. Snape was nowhere in sight. In front of us stood Professor Quirrell.

"You?" I said in complete and utter shock. "No, it can't be. Snape, he was-he was the." I said in disbelief. I was so sure Snape was the one who was trying to steal the stone.

"Yes, he does seem the type, doesn't he?" Quirrell said in a well spoken way for once. "Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor, stttu-ttering, Professor Quirrell?"

"But-but that day, during the quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me." I said as the facts weren't lining up.

"No, dear boy. I tried to kill you. And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little countercurse." Quirrell said.

"Snape was trying to save me?" I said in disbelief. The teacher who hated me most was trying to secretly save me.

"Great. We just accused and tattled on the wrong teacher. I knew it wasn't Snape but no one listened." Yn muttered from beside me.

"I knew you were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween." Quirrell said.

"Then-then you let the troll in. You're the reason Yn was badly injured that night." I said as I felt my blood begin to boil.

"Very good, Potter, yes. Snape unfortunately wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running around the dungeons, he ran to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone. Never. And as for your friend here. Her little accident with the troll was just collateral damage I guess." Quirrell said. If my blood wasn't boiling before, it definitely was now after what he said. "Now, what does this mirror do?" Quirrell said turning to the mirror. "I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?" Quirrell said growing more and more angry.

"Use the boy." A very raspy voice said.

"Come here, Potter. Now." Quirrel yelled turning to me.

"No. I'm not gonna help you." I said standing my ground.

"Fine maybe this will convince you." Quirrell said raising his hand toward Yn. All of a sudden, Yn started flying over to Quirrell. When Yn reached Quirrell, he wrapped his arm around her neck.

"Fine. Fine. Just don't hurt her." I said reluctantly walking down the stairs. I walk over to the mirror.

"Tell me, what do you see?" Quirrell said while keeping his arm around Yn. I look deep into the mirror and see two silhouettes walking towards. One looks like an older version of me and the other looks like an older version of Yn. The older me wraps his arm around the older Yn and kisses her cheek. All of a sudden, three kids begin to run around the older me and Yn. They look almost like a family. I immediately begin to blush and smile slightly. "What is it? What do you see?" Quirrell says desperately. I can't say what I see. Yn is right next to me. I don't want her to know.