Part 8 - Detention

"Yeah well, Karma's a bitch."

Yn's Pov:

We were sat in the Library looking for some more info on someone called Nicholas Flamel. I could have sworn I had heard or read that name somewhere but for the life of me I can't remember what I read about him. I decided that I was going to take a break from researching about Glyphs before it drives me into madness. Harry has been the same since Christmas. All he wants to do is spend time with me so I'm finding it hart to even research in peace. I notice Hermione walking over to us with a very large book in her hands.

"I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid?" Hermione said as she slammed the book down on to the table. "I checked it out weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

"This is light?" Ron questioned. Me and Hermione gave him a glare. Hermione opened the book and started looking through it as if nothing happened.

"Of course! Here it is!" Hermione said. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone."

"Of course I knew the name sounded familiar." I said now remembering what I read about him. The boy's only replied with "-The what?"

"Honestly, don't you two read?" Hermione asked annoyed. I snickered.

"Have you met them?" I said while laughing to myself. The boys only gave me a slight glare while Hermione was trying to contain her laughter. "Anyway. Please continue Mione." I said.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It'll transform any metal into gold and produces the elixir of life which will make the drinker immortal." Hermione explained.

"- Immortal?" Ron questioned.

"It means you'll never die." Hermione said.

"I know what it means!" Ron said defensively, trying not to sound dumb. Harry shushed Ron.

"The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday." Hermione said. We all just looked at each other. " That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third floor. That's what's under the trap door. The Philosopher's Stone."

I then started asking questions and they decided to tell me about there little secret adventure they had the night I was in dumbledore's office. Apparently, when they were walking back from dinner the stairs had changed and they got lost and ended up on the strictly forbidden third floor corridor. They heard filches cat meowing and they didn't want to get into trouble so they ran into a room that had a three headed dog and a trap door in. They apparently barely made it out alive.

The four of us hurried across the soggy, wet grounds outside the castle. Our feet squelched with every step we took. We arrived at a quaint stone hut with a pointed roof by the edge of the forbidden forest. We ran to the front door and began knocking the door. I was the only one who was nervous because we are breaking one of the school rules and I was also the only one here who hasn't properly met Hagrid yet. The door opened revealing a large man who had very long and fluffy hair.

"Hagrid-" Harry began to say before being cut off by the large hairy man.

"Oh hello. Don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no state to entertain." Hagrid said and then began to shut the door.

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone." Harry, Hermione and Ron said in unison. The door then swung open again as Hagrid gave us all a questioning glare. All he did was let out an 'Oh' before walking deeper into the hut leaving the door open which I guess was an invitation to come inside. We all followed him in and took our coats off. Our coats looked a lot like our robes only thicker than and it didn't have sleeves.