A long day

This fic contains spoilers for the owl house series finale!!!

Edrics pov:

It has been a long day at work. A really long day.

I mean I love kids and all, I love teaching wild magic but one can only be kicked in the knees by a bunch of five year olds so many times.

"Im home love!" I called, stepping into the living room and collapsing on the cushy brown couch.

"Edric!" Hunter grinned, coming over to me from the kitchen. He was still in his work apron, showing he had only just gotten home too. "How was work?"

"It was . . . A lot." I said, wincing from my throbbing bruises. "The kids ganged up on me. They wanted to play snaggle back hunt. I was the snaggle back."

Hunter bit back a chuckle. "Are you alright?"

"For the most part." I sighed. "Aside from the brusing."

"Bruising?"

"Strong kids." I shrugged. "Im both proud and annoyed."

"Well in that case." Hunter started, pulling off his apron and hanging it up on the coat hooks, "You just leave everything to me tonight. Do you want some ice?"

"Yeah, thank you." I said, sinking back into the couch. "Your making supper yourself too?"

"And cleaning everything up." Hunter smiled.

"Oh come on." I sighed. "You really dont have to, you're probably just as tired as I am."

"Nahhh." Hunter said stubbornly. "Work was chill today. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything if fine." I shrugged. Feeling bad about making him do everything. We always did stuff in the evening together, ever since we had moved in with each other a year ago. (aside from the times one of us was gone somewhere)

"Thats not an answer." Hunter said, putting his hands on his hips and staring down at me.

"I want...Soup?" I said, soup was easy enough to make.

"Soup it is!" Hunter smiled, "Ill make your favorite. Pull up a movie or something cause Ill be in the kitchen for a while."

"Gimme a kiss first."

Hunter smiled again, bending down and giving me a soft kiss on the lips. It felt so nice after a long day that I wanted it to last forever but he pulled away, giving me another adorable smile before retreating into the kitchen.

_______________________________________________________________________

I would like to mention that in this Hunter was adopted by Eda

Also I dont know how consistant my upload schedule will be but im going to try for at least once a week :3