Late night apple blood

Tw implied alcohol

Edrics pov:

Hunter returned from flyer derby in the evening and after he showered we had leftovers for dinner.

"Its been a long day." Hunter yawned as we finished washing the dishes.

"Sleep then." I said, giving him a little smile and drying my hands of a soft towel.

"Better idea." Hunter replied, flashing me a grin. "We should pull out the apple blood."

I agreed, opening the top cupboard and pulling out the tall glass bottle.

After both glasses were poured we turned on another episode of the k-drama we were watching but soon forgot all about it, chatting quietly and cuddling instead.

We talked for what could have been hours, the show paused, our glasses filled for the second or third time.

We talked about flyer derby, and how the garden is doing, and how we were doing.

Hunter had been a little more tired then usual, and work was starting to slow down a little.

"Im still the happiest man in the world though." He said, smiling as he blinked the sleep from his eyes.

"Good to hear." I said, leaning forward and giving him a little kiss. "Are you sure you dont need to go to bed?"

Hunter shrugged, leaning his head on my shoulder.

There was long comfortable silence as I watched the red drink swirl in my glass.

"Have you ever thought about marriage?" I said suddenly, taking a sip of the drink.

Hunter looked up at me. "I guess I have. What about you?"

"Yeah- thats why I asked." I blushed a little, suddenly feeling nervous. "Do you ever want to be married?"

"It would be nice." Hunter yawned. "Anyway, I think I do need to sleep after all."

I watched as he got up off the couch, gave me a quick kiss, then walked off into our room.

"Goodnight I love you!" I called into the darkness.

"I love you too Edric." Hunter replied, before the room fell quiet again.

I swirled my glass of apple blood and got up, walking outside to get some fresh air.

Was that weird? He left right after I brought up marriage and he was super vauge. What if he doesnt actually love me that much? What if hes going to break up with me?

My heart started beating faster as anxiety began to take hold.

No Edric youre overthinking. I told myself.

Hes been tired all evening. He said he had thougth about marrige too.

What if he wants to marry somone else?

I stood on the porch for another few seconds before I pulled out my scroll and took a breath. Emria was about to be very annoyed with me.

The scroll buzzed for a second before Em picked up.

"Edric its 12:30."

"I know." I replied sheepishly. "I need your help."

"Are you alright?" Emrias voice was suddenly filled with concern.

"What if Hunter doesnt want to marry me." I said. "He avoided the conversation when I asked hm about it."

"Can you elaborate?" Em groaned, her voice annoyed again.

"He went to bed after I brought it up."

"Edric its late, going to bed is normal. Thats what I was doing before your dumbass called me."

"Uh huh." I said, feeling the opposite of reassured.

"Look Edric, Hunters madly in love with you. Everyone can see it."

Edric paused for a moment, feeling slightly embarrassed. "But what if hes not?"

"If you want to know for sure if he wants to marry you just ask directly." Em said softly. "And even if he doesnt want to get married how bad would that be? Marriage is just a fancy lable. Yall already live togther so nothing would change either way. Go to bed Edric, you'll feel better in the morning."

Emria hung up with a click leaving me in the quiet of the dark.

Shes proabably right. I sighed, walking into the bedroom, curling up next to hunter who was already out cold, his soft breaths comforting me as I drifted into a restless sleep.

______________________________________________________

Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed though I havent been posting, motivation has been low lately :)