Flying hopes

Hunters pov: 

It was Saturday morning and time for the flier derby with Willow and the others. After kissing Edric goodbye I picked up waffles and we took off into the bright blue sky.

It was still relativly early in the morning so the air was cool and the suns rays were gentle and warm. There was a slight breeze as well making conditions prefect for practice. Hopfully it would stay cool for a while because practicing in the heat was miserable.

Finally I was at the field and lanidng on the dew covered grass where the others were already waiting.

"About time you showed!" Willow grinned. "I just finished my morning warmup!" 

"A five mile sprint is not a warmup willow." Gus sighed. 

"whatever you say Gus." Willow replied with a grin. "Alright guys, today we're starting with a few high flying laps around the field, then we're moving to the obstacle course..."

. . . 

An hour and a half later we were on break. Everyone sitting in a circle on one end of the field and catching up with each other. 

"Hows Matt doing gus?" I asked, taking another sip of water. "I haven't seen him around recently."

"Matts on a business trip, meeting with the construction crew in Glandus." Willow said before giving Gus a playful shove. "Gus won't shut up about it." 

"yeah yeah Willow." Gus blushed. "I'm allowed to miss my boyfriend ok?" 

"Speaking of boyfriends." Skara said, "You've been spending a lot of time with Edric lately." 

"Everything go well if I take it?" Viney added, raising an eyebrow. 

"Everythings going perfectly." I smiled and looked away.

"Prefect?" Skara asked. "That's a big word Hunter." 

"I'm serious." I grinned. "Things couldnt be better!"

Edric is the best person in the world and I love him more than I could ever put into words. I thought to myself, gazing up at the sky. I want us to last forever. 

"I think I want to marry him." I said after a brief silence. 

The group exploded with excitement. 

"Marriage? Can we come to the wedding?" 

"What kind of ring are you getting him?" 

"I can help with decorations!" 

"We need to start a guest list immediately!" 

"I can call up all the bakeries today and have the perfect cake by 4:30 on monday!"

“Guys!” I blushed. “Slow down a little! I haven't even proposed yet and he might not even want to marry me.” 

“Are you kidding?” Willow exclaimed. “Of course he wants to marry you- i've seen you two together, have you even seen how he looks at you?” 

My face turned even more red “I know he loves me but that doesn't mean he wants a life with me!” 

“Hunter you literally live together!” Gus put a hand on his forehead. “Jeez, you're stupid sometimes.” 

“Ok ok.” I said covering my face. Edric and I had been dating for years. Maybe Gus and Willow were right. 

I would have to think about it more later though because a minute later Willow stood up and let out a piercing whistle. “Alright team! Breaks over!!"

________________________

Hi readers!! Good to see you again!!