Big plans

Edrics pov:

Its monday, which means back to work.

Somthing that was usually quite enjoyable for me but today my mind was occupied by somthing else.

Hunter was still acting weird. He had been more fidgety, and a little withdrawn.

Maybe I was making things up.

"Mr Edric come watch me do a backflip!" Marcie said, tugging my sleeve to get my attention."

"No!" I Gasped, looking down at my student very concerned. "You could hurt yourself!"

"Told you hes a party pooper." Aled rolled his eyes. "All old people are."

"Im not that old!" I protested, pretending to act super offended. A few kids laughed.

"Oh yeah?" Aled said, "Then what age are you?"

"28." I said. Hands on my hips.

"Ewwwwwwww." The class groaned.

I chuckled. "Ok class, its reading time."

The room was filled with the shuffling of papers and chatter then suddenly I heard a loud crash and a groan,

"Owie." Marcies voice came from the play area.

"Marcie what happened? Are you alright?"

"I did a backflip!" She grinned, looking up at me from the floor.

I sighed and helped her up. This was going to be a long week.

. . .

After teaching that day, and the days that followed I stopped around town. This was to look at rings, suits, buy ingredients for pizza, and setting up a perfect plan.

I do want to marry Hunter. I know that for sure. What I dont know is if Hunter wants to marry me.

"If you want to know for sure if he wants to marry you just ask directly." Emrias voice echoed in my head.

She was right. And I will ask, but I want to do it right.

. . .

"Fancy seeing you here Blight." Eda grinned, walking up to me as I was browsing rings wednesday evening.

"Uh yeah, hi." I said, trying to look casual. "So what brings you here?"

"I like shiney things." She said smugly, "What about you?"

"Oh you know..." I stalled, wondering if I should tell her my plan. "I like shiney things too."

"Oooh rings" She asked, looking at the display she had found me by. "Well, Ill leave you too it."

"See you later I guess." I said.

Eda paused, looking at me then back at the display. "Hunters ring size is 10.5 by the way."

How did she know? How did she know?? I asked myself, stuffing the black ring case in my pocket as I left the store. I guess I was standing next to the rings so it could have been a reasonable guess but still!

Its fine though. I sighed.

Everyone would know soon enough.

. . .

"Youve been spending a lot of extra time in the garden." Hunter commented thursday night after dinner.

"Yeah I just remembered that I havent been caring for it much so I have some catching up to do."

Hunter nodded. "Makes sense."

Good, he wasnt suspicious.

I took a deep breath, feeling a little nervous. It was like I was asking him out for the first time again. "Actually Hunter, why dont we have dinner out there tommorrow? it would be a nice change of pace."

"Sounds good!" Hunter said, lighting up. "Im looking forward to it!"

"Ok, just meet me out there right after work tommorrow." I smiled. "I'm looking forward to it too."

______________________________________

Mehehehehe