Golden flower

Edrics pov:

Today was a special day for my third grade students and I.

We were taking a special day trip to the bonesburrow wildflower forest, a place that blooms with the most beautiful flowers for only a few days each year.

As a teacher who taught mostly nature-related topics like beastkeeping this was perfect for a lesson. Not only could we study the creatures that came to feed on the blossoms but the flowers themselves. We could even pick a few for potion making!

The day went well enough and the students kept busy finishing their assignments until a group came up to me, eyes wide, bright golden flowers in hand.

"Mr Edric." One of them said, stepping forward. "You know how you said your boyfriend is as pretty as gold?"

"I said that?" I said, before the memory flashed through my head. Usually I was pretty good at keeping my work and my life seprate but on that day a kid was curious about love and asked if I loved anyone. Of course I had to describe my feelings for Hunter in a little too much detail (the student said I was being gross and cheesy- then picked her nose but thats besides the point.)

"Theres gold flowers over there! You could pick some for him!!" The student beamed, pointing in the direction she had come from.

I paused for a minute.

"I told you he wouldn't Max." Aled said. "Love is gross."

"No no." I said, waving a hand. "Take me to the flowers."

On the way through the woods the students began their interrogation.

"So Mr. Edric. Are you going to mawy him?" Max asked. "I think you should mawy him. That would be happy."

"Uh-" I said, suddenly nervous at the thought. "Maybe?"

"Mawying" isnt happy." Aled said, crossing his arms. "My parents are married and they are always mad. My mommy calls my daddy a ******** and a ***** thats how I know."

"Wow ok." I said taking a mental note to speak to his parents.

"Here they are!" Max said proudly.

"Oh wow!" I exclaimed, taking in the sight of the golden sparkling blossoms dotting the ground. "This species is uncommon in the area. Pretty cool to see then this far south!"

My students nodded and I picked one up, sticking it behind my ear for safekeeping before guiding the kids back their peers for afternoon snack. Hunter loves wildflowers, I couldnt belive my students thought of  getting some for him before I did.

. . .

After work I put the flower in a pretty glass vase before waiting for Hunter to get home.

He walked in a half hour later, giving me a quick kiss and a hug before he saw the flower on the counter.

"I got you a flower by the way -well it was my students thought of it- but when I saw how pretty they were I couldent help but think of you."

Hunter grinned and raised an eyebrow. "Trying to seduce me Edric?"

"I think I already did love." I winked, moving a little closer to him.

"You got me Ed." Hunter flirted back, putting his arms around my waist and kissing me again, slower this time. Gently parting his lips and guiding me to the couch where we kissed further, my hands running through his shaggy hair and enjoying how his soft lips moved against mine.

"Really missed me today huh?" I said, pulling away for a moment and bringing my hand to the side of his face.

"I always miss you Ed." He smiled, giving my had a little kiss before moving closer again, until his face was inches form mine and I could see his beautiful face up close. His rich brown eyes and the spray of freckles across his nose.

"Then kiss me again." I smiled, closing the distance between us and tilting my head to the side, burying myself in his strong arms and scent of wood shavings. Titan I love him. I love him so much.

_______________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!