Carvings

Hunters pov:

Working as a palisman carver was a rewarding work.

Watching a block of wood slowly take shape into a witches best friend, watching how happy those who recived a palisman were, the way their eyes glittered with exitement.

I remember feeling exactly like that when flapjack chose me, though I denied my happiness for a while I couldnt ignore it forever. Ah, thinking about flapjack always made me a bit sad.

I thought about him often, of course I loved Waffles but flapjack couldn't just be replaced.

*chirp*

Waffles fluttered to my side and nuzzled my neck, the way she always did when she noticed I was stressed.

"Thanks buddy." I cracked a smile, ruffling her feathers before returning to my work.

After the day was over, and the partially crafted palisman was set on a shelf I picked up a broom. Gently sweeping the wood shavings into a pile.

After the sweeping was done I picked up a rag and bucket, wiping the dust away from the worktable and every other surface in the shop.

"Hunter why are you still hear?" Dell asked, his raspy, yet calming voice breaking the silence.

"Just doing some tidying."

"Looks more like your deep cleaning the place." My mentor chuckled, "Go home son, It doesn't have to be perfect."

"Oh, right. Thank you." I smiled sheepishly, putting away the rag and waving goodbye to the old man.

On the way home I passed the flyer derby team practicing in an open field. After waving to the team Gus and Willow soared down. Kicking up dust with their sudden landings.

"Hey dude hows it going?" Gus grinned, wiping sweat from his brow.

"Pretty good." I smiled.

"You haven't played with us in a while." Willow said, getting strenght to the point and frowning. "You should come do that sometime."

"I will I promise!" I said, a bit defensively. "And It hasn't been that long! And Ive been busy with work."

"Excuses excuses." She waved a hand and grinned. "Ill text you the practice times later. Be there."

"Whatever you say captain!" I said, "See you later!"

"See ya bro!" Gus smiled, giving me a fist bump before taking back off into the sky.

I watched them glide around for a minute before checking my watch and hurrying to town.

"Im home Edric!" I said, stepping inside and hanging up my apron. "Sorry Im home a little late, I was saying hi to the derby guys."

"Its all good love." Edric said from the couch, opening his arms so I could give him a hug. "But guess what! A new season of that k-drama is out! We need to watch it!!"

"We do?" I said, ever since luz introduced him to them he had been hooked, and (though I kind of hated to admit it) I was hooked too."

"Yes!" Edric smiled, pulling me down next to him and flicking open his computer. "I also ordered takeout so we wont have to cook tonight!"

I smiled back, getting cozy next to him and putting my head on his shoulder.

This was going to be a good evening.

______________________________________________

Hope yall are having a good day!!