Lingering

Hunters pov:

Today was my day to get grocieries so after lunch I headed out, walking into town and getting everything I needed in just a few hours.

Shopping done I smiled to myself as I walked downtown, waving at Gus who was standing across the street talking to Matt. Gus waved back at me with a grin before turning back to his boyfriend.

As I walked on a shiny window display suddenly caught my eye. Rows of sparkling jewlerly were lined up behind the shop window, glittering enticingly. Neckalces, braclets, pendants, errings but most importantly, rings.

Edrics question last night had gotten me thinking about marriage again. Marrying him, if im being specific.

Of course I had thought about it a lot before, but now that Edric mentioned it I knew for sure he had been thinking about it to, which meant now I was considering it a lot more seriously.  I want to marry Edric, I just need to figure out the details.

Lost in thought I didnt nodice Eda walking up next to me.

"Whats up kid?" She said, stopping next to me. "Planning on making Edric a Clawthorne?"

I jumped, a little startled. 

". . . Yeah." I blushed. looking at the ground. "But how do I even do it? I mean, Ive only just realized I want to.

"Lot of uncertantly huh?" Eda said thoughtfully.

"Yeah." I sighed. "How did you propose to Raine?"

"Its a bit of a long story." Eda chuckled, "Are you sure you want it now?"

"Yeah of course." I said excitedly.

"We were on a picnic." Eda started. "It was on the hill we always hung out at as kids. Anyway, we had just finished dessert when Raine said to me

*flashback*

"You would make a great wife Eda."

Eda looked surprised for a moment before breaking into a grin and pulling the ring she had been saving from her pocket

"Want to test that theory?" Eda said, offering the ring to Raine.

"Eda!" Raine blushed.

"What I mean to say is-." Eda cleared her throat. "Will you marry me?"

*End of flashback*

"That was smooth mom." I said, very impressed.

"It really was." She grinned. "And as you know the rest is history! Anyway about the uncertantly, you dont have to have to know everything, and it doesnt have to be perfect, just go at your own pace and relax a little. Okay?"

"Thanks Mom." I smiled, feeling a bit less nervous.

"That being said..." Eda continued. "Do you want me to help you pick out a ring? I could also steal it for you." She winked.

"No thanks." I grinned, "I appreciate the offer though."

______________________________________________________

Lingering more like linger-ring am i right ahahahahahahahaha

Ill see myself out