01- The golden flower

Tw: kidnapping

        Some years ago, sixteen years ago to be exact, the Queen of the Antarctic Kingdom fell ill. At the time, she was pregnant with the third child of the royal family. This made the illness that much more dangerous for her.

       The King had tried everything to help his wife, but nothing had worked. He was becoming desperate to save his wife and his child, so he went to a wise sorcerer in the village to ask for any other possible remedies or medicines.

        The sorcerer said this: "This illness you speak of is deadly to the Queen. But there is still hope to heal both her and your child. A flower, only one ever grown. Search in the mountains for it, and when and if you find it, cook it into a soup and feed it to your wife. If you do this, all will be well again."

        The King heeded this advice and ordered his soldiers to find the flower at once. He sent out many teams of soldiers to find this flower and had been searching for a few weeks and they still hadn't found it. By that time, the Queen was close to death.

          Luckily the flower was found and rushed to the castle just in time. The soup was hurriedly made and fed to the Queen, who was back in good health in a few days.

           Two months later, the youngest prince was born. They named him Theseus, as his older twin brothers wanted.

         Now, Prince Theseus was special. He was special in the way the flower affected him.

           When Theseus was born, the King and Queen discovered that little Theseus' golden hair glowed. And with that glow, came healing properties. This made his family adore him even more than they already did.

  They were all happy, and nothing could ruin it.

          However, as happy as the royal family was, it would not last. For someone was angered by the golden flower being taken from them.

          This person was Dream. An old, dark sorcerer who was using the flower to keep himself young and immortal.

           To put it short, Dream was greedy.

         When his precious flower was taken from him and he heard of Prince Theseus, born with the same powers as the flower in his hair, his first thought was of how to steal the child's hair.

           So, in all of his greediness, he made a plan and executed it. He waited for Theseus to be three months old, before breaking into his room in the palace and cutting a piece of his glowing hair off. But he was shocked when it turned black and lost its power.

         Now Dream had a problem. What to do? He still wanted to keep his youthful look and his immortality, so he stole young Theseus from his crib and from his loving family.

         When King Philza heard the crying of his youngest son, he got up to check on him. But the crying faded into silence in the few seconds it took him to get to his son's room.

         He opened the door and saw the window open. His heart dropped when he looked over to his son's crib, seeing that he wasn't laying there.
          Someone had stolen his child.

        Dream raised Theseus as his own, saying that Theseus was his brother and that his name was Tommy.

         Theseus, or Tommy now, believed these lies. He had no knowledge of the family and life he was stolen from.

         The only thing he saw and heard of them, were the lanterns. Coincidentally always released on his birthday, for the lost prince.

        The royal family celebrates Theseus' birthday with lanterns, which he adored so much as a baby. Only hoping that he, their golden flower, sees the lanterns and returns home to them.

_______
637 words.