04- The boy in the tower

When Tommy woke up he knew what he would ask Dream for as a gift for his birthday. Dream had been on his trip for a week, and he would today. So when he arrives back at the tower, Tommy will ask him to see the lanterns in person.

       But before then, Tommy has a shitload of time to kill. So he got up from his bed and got dressed. He put on a dress shirt and tucked it into some pants. He then tied a big red ribbon around his waist as a makeshift belt. Then he slipped on some boots.

        He sighed, before sitting down in front of his dresser and began to braid his hair. His hair was much longer than it used to be and braiding his hair took more than an hour now. He only did it when Dream was out, he didn't like it when Tommy braided his hair for some reason.

          Finally, when he finished braiding it he tied it off with another small red ribbon he found. His braid went down his back and across part of the floor. It was long, but not as long as his hair was down.

He would have to unbraid it before Dream came home, but it's for Tommy's convenience to braid it so that it's easier for him to move.

            Eventually, his spider, Shroud came out of his corner of the ceiling, where there was a small net of spider webs. Shroud got onto his usual spot on Tommy's shoulder.

So he did his usual routine. Try and bake, paint, make some pottery, read, then paint on the walls some more despite there being virtually no room to.

            By the time he'd done and finished all that, it was time to take his braid out for when Dream returned. So he took the ribbon out and brushed his hair out. Then he waited in his armchair, reading a book.

Eventually, there was shouting from down the tower. "Tommy! Let down your hair! I'm back!" He jumped off and out of his chair, and went to the window, he swung the small doors of the windows open and looked down. Dream was standing at the bottom of the tower, waving at him. Tommy waved back.

            As Tommy reached for his hair, Shroud bit his hand. As if to stop Tommy from letting Dream up to the tower. Tommy playfully glared at Shroud before gently picking him up and putting him on a bookshelf next to them.

He tossed his hair down and over the ledge. He felt a tug and then something weighing down his hair, he winced but stood still and waited.

After some time, Dream climbed into the window and Tommy pulled his hair back up and into the tower. Dream took his cloak and mask off, then turned to Tommy.

"Hey, Tommy! Did you miss me? I've missed you greatly, I was worried about you."

"Yeah, I missed you. But I was thinking about my birthday, and what I would like to get this year." Tommy said, putting Shroud back onto his shoulder. Dream immediately got excited, and began listing things that he may want this year.

Tommy cut him off, "I want to see the lanterns. In person." Dream froze and turned to him. He wasn't happy anymore, in fact, he looked furious.

"No. How many times must I tell you? It's dangerous out there. People will want to use you for your hair!" Tommy frowns, utterly disappointed. It shows on his face.

              Shroud made odd hissing sounds toward Dream. Shroud never liked Tommy's brother, and Tommy had no idea why.

Dream glances at him and sighs. "I only want to keep you safe. But I'm always the bad guy, aren't I?"

Tommy immediately felt awful. He didn't mean to make his brother feel like that. To not make Dream more upset than he already was, Tommy decided to settle for more paint.

"I'm sorry Dream, I know you only want to protect me but the lanterns are so pretty... It's ok though. Maybe you can get me paint instead?"

Dream brightened up at this. "Oh of course! I'll get you the nice kind. I'll be away for a while though, I might not be back in time for your birthday. Is that alright?" He then begins to gather supplies for the journey.

Tommy smiles. "Yes, that's fine." Dream finishes grabbing his things and stands at the window, waiting for Tommy to drop his hair.

He walks over to the window, drops his hair, and turns to Dream. "See you in a few days"

Dream nods in agreement, "See you in a few days, Tommy." He grabs Tommy's hair and slides down.

Tommy watches as Dream walks away and fades from view. A few days alone again. Well, time for the same boring old routine.

-------
Hello,

I HAVE FOUND THE INSPIRATION AGAIN!!

So take the next three chapters while I write the next for the now daily Friday chapters!

Have a wonderful day! :D

-Lav