11- Panic

Dream had been away from the tower for a while. About an hour at this point, heading towards the Arctic Empire to get Tommy paint.

           Maybe he could go further. Maybe to a farther empire? After all, he had denied Tommy's original gift... but that was well justified. He couldn't take Tommy out ever.

Well, maybe not to a further empire. Just another present, he figured. To make up for it and to make sure Tommy trusted him.

          He stopped when he heard rustling behind him. Once he turned, all he saw was a bush. Nothing else. He was getting too paranoid. It was too deep in the forest for anyone to be there.

Dream turned and kept walking. He froze, however, when he heard hooves. He turned and a horse was staring at him. The prince's horse, judging by the armor and saddle worn by it.

          Dream furrowed his eyebrows. "Where is your rider?" he asked, more to himself as he looked around. The prince was nowhere to be found, and he couldn't imagine the prince would leave his horse alone. Then it dawned upon him.

          Tommy. The prince's horse. Here in the forest, where the tower was. Dream felt a wave of panic go over him and he began sprinting back to the tower, hoping that Tommy wasn't gone. Hoping the prince wasn't there, the guards.

         He made it back quickly and stood at the bottom of the tower. "Tommy! Let down your hair!" He shouted, waiting. Waiting for the golden hair to go flowing down towards him.

        It didn't. Dream was more nervous now. Was he asleep? No. It was too early for that. He felt around the stone of the tower, looking for one specific one.

       Once he found it, he pressed on it until it sunk into the tower. The stones around it moved once he did so, revealing a dusty doorway. He hastily opened and moved through it and practically ran up the spiral stairs.

      His mind was only on Tommy. If he was there. Shoving the trapdoor open, he climbed into the house. Moving from room to room, Tommy wasn't there. Even Shroud wasn't.

      Someone had taken Tommy. And to make it worse, he could be going back to the royal family.

Dream would be caught. Executed.

No. He couldn't let that happen. He needed to find Tommy, take him back. Once he did, they would be a nice family again, and Tommy would watch the lanterns from the tower. Like it always was.

      And no one would take Tommy from him ever again. And Tommy would never leave.

       He decided he needed clues on where Tommy had gone- with who. Looking about the house, a glint of light caught his eye. Dream went over to it, and saw a bag.

      Something inside of the bag then. He picked it up and dug through it until he felt cool metal on his hands. Taking the object out, he went into the light to see it clearly.

     When he did, he could feel himself paling. A crown. The crown. Theseus' crown- Tommy's crown. He hastily dug into the bag again and came across a wanted poster.

     For both Tubbo and Ranboo.

     Oh. Oh no. What if they showed Tommy- no, Theseus the crown.? What if Theseus went with them?

     He couldn't have this. Wouldn't have this. He opened a drawer near the kitchen and got his dagger.

     Dream would find Theseus.

-------
Hello.

I struggled so hard on this chapter that i had to watch rapunzel clips on yt. Which honestly, is sort of depressing.

The chapters of this book like to give me hell.

Have a wonderful day!

-Lav