Chapter 1

Alex walked inside the Royal & General Bank and headed towards the lift. He pressed the button for the 15th floor and and stepped out once the doors opened. Alex walked straight into Mr. Blunt's office without knocking. "Ah Alex glad to see you out of the hospital and up on your feet." Blunt greeted. "Alex as you know you are still a minor at 15 and can not live alone without a guardian." Mrs. Jones stated looking into Alex's cold eyes that had seen far to much in their lifetime. "As such we have decided to send you in a military camp. It will protect you from Scorpia, maintain your physical status, and provide you with adult supervision." Mr. Blunt explained. "Are you sending me back to the Royal Marines?" Alex questioned quietly, not that he really cared he hadn't cared about much since Jack's death. "No Alex based on your negative training experiences there we will be sending you to train with SAS at Brecons Beacons." Mrs. Jones answered. "You will be undercover as James Adams a 20 year old who trained with the Royal Marines when he was 18 and under no circumstances will you reveal your identity. A transport vehicle is waiting for you when you leave to take you directly to BB." Mr. Blunt stated. Alex realising this was his dismissal raised himself quietly and gracefully out of his chair. He made his way silently to his office to pick up a go back, that held clothes and his usual supplies, and then down to the parking garage where the escort was waiting.

 When the car arrived at BB, Alex quietly made his way to the gate. "State your name rank and business" the speaker demanded. "James Adams new recruit" Alex answered remembering his cover perfectly. The gate opened and Alex made his way the sergeant's office. Alex knocked and heard a come in before opening the door. Alex stood at attention but relaxed once the sergeant cried at ease. "So James any military training at all?" "I trained with the Royal Marines for a short time when I was 18, sir." Alex responded. "Code name?" "Cub sir" "Very well Cub you will be evaluated before being placed in a unit, your evaluator will be waiting for you at the assault course" Sergeant finished. Alex realizing his dismissal saluted then left closing the door silently behind him. When Alex reached the assault course the seemed to be a man waiting so Alex walked up to him. "Are you Cub?" the man asked. "Yes sir" was Alex's response."Well Cub I'm Bear I will be overseeing your evaluations. Up first is the assault course." Bear stated as they made their way to the start line. "You can go through once as a practice run to get a feel for it but then you will do if for real." Bear instructed. Alex moved forward to the starting line and when Bear yelled go Alex went through the assault course taking his time observing and memorizing every obstacle, Alex's pace was still pretty good but to him it felt as if he was walking. Once he finished he jogged back to the start. "Ok that was a fine time for your practice run but now I want you to go all out and do your best this is your actual run" Bear told Alex as Alex made his way to the start line once again. Alex knew he wouldn't be going all out his cover would not be able to do the course as fast as Alex really could, so when Bear yelled go again Alex took off only going half speed. He made his way through the course quickly but purposefully stumbling on some of the more difficult obstacles. "That was a decent time Cub, you got 15 min and 23 seconds" Bear told him. "Whats the best time sir" Alex asked curious. "The best time is held by Wolf of K-unit, the best unit in the SAS. He got 12 min and 57 seconds." Bear said, "Now we are going to go on the shooting".

 They made their way over to the shooting range. Alex had an aversion to guns because of his missions and constantly being shot at. Alex stepped up hesitantly. "Ok Cub here you just have to reassemble the gun then get 5 rounds off." Bear instructed. Alex knew he could perfectly assemble the gun in 10 seconds flat Scorpia had made sure of that but during the evaluation Alex stumbled a bit and took his time. Once the gun was fully functional in his hands Alex took aim around the target. He aimed at different spots on the target all reasonably close to the center. Again Alex purposefully backed his skill down so as to not blow his cover. "That was some good shooting and your assembly time wasn't bad either" Bear said. "Up next is languages" Bear said leading the way to a building. Once inside Alex was evaluated. He knew French, Mandarin, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, and Italian. However Alex only passed the tests for Spanish, French, and German. "Up next is hand to hand combat." Bear announced. Alex was used to hand to hand combat preferring it to guns. He had taken down over 15 of Scorpia's best trained agents at the same time multiple times, so he knew he was more than proficient at hand to hand but he once again held himself back. He allowed himself to get pinned several times but only after long drawn out fights other wise he quickly pinned his opponent. "Well all that's left is technology. Come on Cub" Bear called. Alex once again passed his examination with flying colors while internally he was drastically holding himself back. "Ok cub now that you are finished with your evaluation you can head to the mess hall for lunch. The Sergeant will call you to tell you the results of your evaluation." Bear said heading off to drop of Alex's test results. Alex walked into the empty mess hall, everyone else had already ate. He grabbed an apple and a sandwich. He only had time to finish his apple and half the sandwich before Sergeant called him to his office.

Alex once again found himself knocking on the door and entering. "Sir" Alex greeted standing at attention. "Yes Cub your test results were impressive. You scored high in all of the fields. So based on your results you will be bunking with K-unit in Cabin K. Welcome to the SAS soldier." Sergeant stated. "Thank you sir" Alex responded before saluting and walking out to find his new cabin.