Chapter 9

Sorry for such a long wait. I hope to make it up to you guys. I have the rest of the book planned out and I plan on finishing it by the end of the summer. Enjoy!

Despite what he had told K-Unit, Sergeant was worried. Cub had never taken this long on a mission. His mission wasn't even supposed to last this long, 5 days at the most. Sergeant continued to worry over his missing soldier and whether or not he should do anything about him. Finally after much pacing and muttering to himself he came to the resolution that if Cub wasn't back in 2 days he was sending K-Unit for him.

2 days latter.

"Alright K-Unit I know you are eager to go get Cub back but let's be clear this is a rescue mission only. There will be not sidetracking. No unnecessary risks. Nothing that will endanger Cub or the mission. Am I clear?!" Sergeant yelled.

"Sir yes Sir!"

"Aright Fox and Snake take the west entrance. Eagle and I will take the east" Wolf explained, perched just behind the crest of hill next to one of Scorpia's warehouses . "We work our way to the middle. Eliminate all unfriendlies until we find Cub"

 K-Unit split into their respective groups as they approached the warehouse. Approaching the doors they dropped the unsuspecting guards before moving into the warehouse. Slowly checking all adjoining hall ways, Snake and Fox reached what seemed to be the near center of the warehouse and were met by a cement bunker.

"Uh Wolf we've encountered a bit of a problem." Snake radioed in."There seems to be some sort of cement structure in the middle of the warehouse"

"Yeah we've got the same problem." Wolf said. "Any idea of how to get in?"

"Affirmative, there seems to be a door on the south side of this bunker or whatever this thing is." Fox says.

Once both teams had reconvened at the bunker door they discovered a problem. The door was dead bolted shut, from the inside.

"It's no use" Fox said. "It's carbonated steel the only way we're getting in there, without someone from inside opening it, is explosives"

"Explosives you say" Eagle says in a manner far too cheerful for such a serious situation. Wolf groaned as Snake and Fox shared a look before running behind a pillar. Wolf quickly followed and so did Eagle once the charges were set.

With a boom that shook the building to its foundations, the explosives blasted the doors open. K-Unit moved through the lingering smoke, guns at the ready. When they came to the doors, however, they were met with 30 heavily protected and armed Scorpia soldiers. Guns clicked as the smoke cleared and Snake and Fox, who had moved to check the group's six, were met by an equal amount of Scorpia soldiers.

"What do we do with them sir?" a soldier questioned. K-Unit turned to face the speaker, noticing for the first time a well dressed man standing among the soldiers.The well dressed man spoke slowly, as if he were bored with the whole situation.

"We might as well use them. They may be of use to us. Perhaps they can help with Prisoner 0" The soldier who had spoke before nodded and signaled to the other soldiers. K-unit grimaced as their guns, the rest of their weapons, and their bullet proof armor were stripped away from them before having their hands cuffed. As they were led inside the bunker, Wolf tried to memorize all the twists and turns but got his head bashed against a wall for his trouble.

"It's no use. You won't be getting out of here anyways", one of the soldiers who was escorting them snarled before pushing K-Unit into a cell and slamming the door shut.

Despite the door being solid steel Wolf was throwing his shoulder against it.

"What are you doing? You are going to break your shoulder. That door is way too strong for you or anyone for that matter to break down. We'd need a battering ram or more explosives." Snake said. Wolf only turned to growl at him before resuming his attack on the door. Meanwhile Fox was pacing the perimeter of the cell, studding the walls very carefully.

"What are you looking for" Eagle asked.

"Well there appears to be to other exits within the cell which means that the only way we get out of here is if that door opens and it will have to open for 3 reasons. One they won't starve us we are no use to them dead; so to feed us they have to open the door. Two they want to use us to break someone else, my guess is who ever Prisoner 0 is, and they can't do that in here. There are no cameras or bugs, so they will have to take us to a different room. And three if they decide to kill us it will be because we are too risky to keep alive and then they will want to kill us quickly. Starving us will take too long. So they will have to open the door to kill us." Fox explained. Wolf stopped his assault on the door to stare at Fox.

"So what you're saying is we have to wait for that door to open before we can do anything." He said before sliding down the wall, hunched over in defeat.

"Not at all" Fox said softly joining the team leader on the floor, "We just need to think of a plan for what to do when that door opens" Snake and Eagle shared a look before joining Fox and Wolf on the floor and soon the beginnings of a plan started to form.