Chapter 10

In the next room a Scorpia soldier holding up a pair of headphones to his ear, was dutifully jotting down notes.

"Sir", the soldier said to his observing superior, "they've come up with an escape plan". He quickly handed his notes to his superior, a stern man standing board straight in a designer suit. The man in the suit quickly read over the notes before passing them to the strike team captain.

"Devise a counterattack for their plan. It's time we use our leverage against Prisoner 0", the man said before leaving the control center.

K-Unit tensed as the door to their cell opened. Unfortunately it opened just wide enough for someone to throw a metal cylinder into the cell.

"Flash-bang" Eagle said. K-Unit tried to cover their eyes, as much as they could; but were still blinded when it went off. While they were stumbling around blind, they heard the door open once again. Around a dozen Scorpia soldiers streamed into the cell overwhelming K-Unit and eliminating any chance of escape, even with their well thought out plan.

Wolf could feel himself being led out of the cell and deeper into the Scorpia bunker, surrounded by soldiers on all sides.

"Did you really think you could escape" one of the soldiers whispered harshly in his ear, before slipping a blindfold over his eyes. Wolf growled in frustration as the little sight that had started to return was covered in darkness.

The Scorpia soldiers, leading K-Unit down the hall, stopped in front of one of the last doors in the hallway. They paused only long enough to open the door before shoving K-Unit inside where they cuffed the soldiers' ankles together and to the wall. The deafening silence in the new room was broken only by the sound of breathing and the jangling of chains.

"Where do you suppose we are?" Snake asked, desperate to break the silence.

"I don't know probably in some torture chamber or something" Eagle said.

"Way to look on the bright side Eagle. It could just be a different cell, but no you had to jump right to torture chamber. Thanks for that mental picture." Wolf said.

"I'm just being realistic. Why else would they move us"

"I don't know maybe because we were planning to escape from our last cell" Fox cut in.

"Then why cuff us to the wall"

"To stop us from escaping from this one"

"Hey. Hey! Everyone stop moving."Snake said, interrupting Eagle and Fox's tennis match of a conversation. "I think there is someone else in here with us. Stop moving your chains." K-Unit became very still, listening intently for another sound. Softly, the sound of creaking chains reached their ears accompanied with the noise of labored breathing.

"Hey" Wolf whisper shouted trying to get their silent cell mate's attention, "Hey" A voice answered out of the darkness. A voice that was so familiar and held such pain and sorrow it made K-Unit want to cry.

"Wolf?"