Chapter 7

Alex was in his cover house preparing for his meet with Scorpia. He put on a bullet proof undershirt, courtesy of Smithers, a black leather jacket that was tight but not tight enough to reveal the many weapons on him, and his usual black cargo pant. Stored in his pockets were many of Smither's useful gadgets, his dissolving zit cream, listening devices, lock picks, and his cell phone that doubled as a stun gun and a communication device. Alex was also armed with 2 black carbon steel 12 inch long Eagle knives and 2 fingerprint locked Glock .357 Mag strapped to his back and calves. Alex hated using gun, but Blunt insisted upon them, still Alex refuses to fire the guns. He has too many devastating memories that come with the firing of a gun. Alex signed in remembrance of all his fallen friends as he closed the door to the house as he walked away never to return.

 Alex made his way to the given address. He was waiting outside the building like the note instructed. Suddenly a small black sedan pulled up and two agents besides the driver stepped out. "Mark Thompson?" one of the agents questioned. "Yes" was all Alex could say before the two agents practically threw him in the car. It wasn't Alex worst experience with Scorpia agents at least this time Alex wasn't blindfolded or handcuffed. The windows were tinted so Alex, who was in the back, couldn't see where he was going but the ride was relatively short only about 20 minutes. The car came to a stop and Alex was practically dragged out of the car and into the Scorpia base. From the small glimpse of scenery that Alex got before he was brought inside the building he appeared to be in a remote mountain valley.

 Inside the building cement walls twisted and turned off in every which direction. Alex was led down a particular hallway to an empty room. Unknown to the Scorpia agents Alex was building a mental map of the building. The empty room was clean and held two chairs, one of which the agents plopped Alex into. The Scorpia agents took up posts by the door silently watch Alex. Alex knew he had to stay calm. The terrorist group that the representative, that Alex was impersonating, had dealt with Scorpia before and therefore knew about its  rather unorthodox way of greeting its business partners. While Alex was going through his cover story and all its details the door opened up and jolted him out of his thoughts.

 "Hello Mr. Thompson, I am Secretary Snow I will be your liaison with Scorpia. Welcome to our base" Snow greeted. Alex nodded in response. "Well I am sure you are familiar with Scorpia's security procedures now that you have passed through them we can get down to business. If you'll follow me" Snow said while walking out of the door. Alex quickly got out of the rather uncomfortable chair and followed Secretary Snow out of the door. Alex knew every top Scorpia member and Secretary Snow definitely not on that list. Alex guessed that the Black Hawk terrorist group, the one Alex was impersonating, was relatively low on Scorpia's agenda if they wouldn't send someone higher up on the chain of command.  Snow lead Alex further into the building unknowingly increasing Alex's intel of the base.

 "So Mr. Thompson your organization, Black Hawk, would like some assistance from Scorpia is that correct?" Snow inquired. "Yes Black Hawk has had trouble in the past of procuring advanced automatic weapons from other countries. My supervisors wish to avoid a another MI6 raid." Alex stated. It was true MI6 had been monitoring Black Hawk for several years always using it as a way to catch weapons dealers. "Ah yes MI6 has been a pain in Black Hawk's side for many years has it not, but not to worry I'm sure Scorpia will be able to help you with this matter" Snow said while leading Alex into a nicely furnished room with a pair of comfortable looking armchairs. "Here have a drink" Snow said while offering a glass of scotch. Alex took it hesitantly before sitting down in the armchair opposite of Snow's. Snow and Alex chatted further about Scorpia's deal with Black Hawk. Snow stood up excusing himself and left Alex sitting in the room staring at his untouched scotch.

 Five minutes passed then ten. Alex was getting suspicious, he was starting to get those gut feelings he had accustomed to fighting for his life. Suddenly with a bang the door burst open and dozens of Scorpia soldiers piled into the room. "Alex Rider, did you really think you could just walk into a Scorpia base undetected? Really Mark Thompson not your best cover?" A new taunting voice said. Alex recognised him before he even entered the room. "Doctor Three" Alex spat out while 5 agents stepped forward to restrain him. Fighting was pointless Alex was surrounded by thirty plus agents and that was only the ones in the room with him, not to mention the hundreds of other soldiers roaming around inside the base. Alex let himself be handcuffed, arms and legs, and dragged to an interrogation/torture cell. His only hope was to save his strength and hope MI6 came before it was too late, or since MI6 had never come Alex hoped he could figure out an escape plan before Scorpia did too much damage. But with Doctor Three here is time window would be short.