Chapter 21: Newest Baby Brother

_______

We left the amusement park with everyone feeling bitter. A day that was supposed to be fun and exciting ended up in disappointment.

Was I surprised, though? It was just my luck that nothing went my way.

"Cheer up! We can still have fun at home!" Zack tried to lighten the mood. It helped a bit, at least for me.

I sighed before gazing out the window. I couldn't even imagine how Adrian felt. He probably felt responsible for ruining our day.

I glanced at him, but couldn't tell what he was thinking. Maybe his mind was still lingering on Lucas.

A ringtone broke the silence, which was answered by Damian.

"Hello? Oh....."

My eyes shifted to Damian.

There was a couple more short replies before the conversation was ended.

"That was Reaper."

I shot up, my eyes wide. "What'd he call for? Did Lucas see us? Is Arrow after us?"

Damian only sighed. "No, it was just an update. He said Arrow and Lucas were on some trip and just had the chance."

Relief flooded through me and I flopped back down. "Sorry we had to cut the trip short, guys. I'll make it up another time." Damian offered, smiling apologetically at me in particular.

I blinked a few times before shaking my head. "Oh, it's fine. I'm glad nothing happened." I felt a bit shy that he felt that he needed to apologize to me specifically, but I waved off that feeling.

I smiled as I continued to gaze out the window. It wasn't what I imagined, but the first half sure was fun. And I still felt giddy knowing there would be more opportunities in the future to have those kind of moments.

_____

"I'm going to sleep. No one bother me." Callan strolled into his room while yawning.

I set my bag on the couch and sighed deeply when the same safe feeling returned almost instantly the instant I entered this house. It was a weird new feeling, but nice nonetheless.

"Let's just have a quiet night in. What about a movie night?" Sam requested after returning from changing his clothes.

"Sounds fun! We can order pizza!" Adrian beamed.

My brain almost spasmed at the thought. "A movie night?! Cool!"

"So what movie?" Andrew asked, plopping down right beside me.

"Well, what is everybody in the mood for?" Sam's eyes landed on mine. I looked around and realized everyone's eyes were on me.

"I don't know.... I'll watch whatever you guys pick!"

"Do you like scary movies?" Adrian asked.

I shrugged. "Sure. I can't remember the last time I saw one, though."

"Perfect. Then we'll watch a horror movie. Damian, you order the pizzas. Make sure you get an all meat one." Adrian grinned at his older brother, who didn't look at all impressed.

"And a cheese!" Sam piped in.

"Barbecue pizza!" Callan shouted from his room.

"What about you?"

I looked up. "I'm fine with whatever. I'm not a picky eater."

"Okay, then."

_____