Chapter 13: Money

I ran. I ditched the group and ran for dear life. It's pretty funny if you think about it. The moment we leave, I meet somebody I shouldn't have.

What the hell was Reaper doing here? How did he find me? Was he looking for me?

My head throbbed as I began to overthink. Frankly, I was scared.

It was useless to think I could escape a freaking mafia boss. But I couldn't go down like this. I had to get my revenge.

I looked up from my hiding place in an alleyway and screamed when I saw a face near mine. A hand quickly clasped my mouth shut, and I called down when I saw Rylan.

"Ehh! Geez! Why're you screaming?!" He asked, looking petrified.

"I didn't notice you....."

He shook his head. "I followed you. Who was that guy?"

I ran a hand through my hair. "That was Reaper."

Rylan's eyes widened in realization. "So.... they found you? Oh shit! We gotta get back to my place!"

I quickly stopped him. "We'll go back, but it'll be pretty useless. They'll find me anyway. So before I go, we need to find out where my Dad went."

Rylan didn't look like he liked the idea, but he pursed his lips and nodded. "Fine. We'll get your revenge. But don't give up so easily. You're still going to get away."

I looked up at Rylan, a little taken aback. "Deal." I promised, smiling.

He smiled back at me before looking around. "I'll call the guys, and tell them where we are. But we should go home for the day."

I nodded, feeling a little let down.

Rylan noticed my expression and keeled down next to me. "It'll be alright. We'll be having fun in no time! Just like the old days."

I smiled at his attempt to cheer me up. "Yeah. Just like old times....."

-----------

We made it back to Rylan's place, admittedly a little paranoid, since it was possible that we were followed.

But there seemed to be no problem, as we made it back safe and sound with no suspicious presence. Rylan had even checked around just in case.

When the coast was positively clear,  we began our search. Rylan had a few of our friends investigate and question all sorts of people that lived nearby.

No leads followed up until my old neighbor spilled the beans. He heard everything. From my kidnap to my father's whereabouts.

Apparently, he was much to scared to come clean about my kidnap since the mafia was involved.

He was a tough nut to crack, but a little bribing always solved the problem.

He led us right to him. That bastard had moved across the country.

He left me, his only son, to bear his sins while he made a run for it.

I gripped my shirt in my hand as I tried to control the raging anger.

Rylan glanced at me and sighed. "We can't go that far.... We don't have the time or resources....."

I gritted my teeth before turning away from him. "I know....."

Rylan looked up at me, a little hesitant before opening his mouth.

"Caspian, look-"

He was interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

My eyes widened and my heart stopped beating.

I backed up as he took a step closer.

"Arrow, stop." Lucas ordered, stopping him with a hand. He glanced at me, a look of irritation evident on his face.

I shook my head before  grabbing the closest possible weapon. A fork.

I glanced at Rylan, who just stared at the ground, clearly guilty about something.

"What are you doing Rylan? They're in your home, trying to kidnap me! Again!"

Arrow laughed as he neared Rylan and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"Look, you'll probably find this funny, but this guy, well, he sold you out. He gave us the exact location when you crossed paths with Reaper. Quite  easily, in fact."

I blinked rapidly, trying to process what he had just said. I looked at Rylan. "Is that true?" I whispered, feeling unimaginably anxious.

He refused to make eye contact with me. "Yes." He admitted, engaging me.

"Why would you do that?! Why would you sell me out to them?!" I screamed, tears welling up.

He looked up at me, his own tears obvious. "Because! They offered me money! Yeah! I'm a greedy son of a bitch. I work a dead-end job, I'm neck deep in debt, and my family left me! I had to!"

I shook my head, the bitter taste of betrayal spreading throughout my body.

"I should've never trusted you."

---------

I walked towards the car with two bodyguards at my side. I was tempted to run, but it seemed useless at this point.

Everything seems pointless. I was trapped in this cage, awaiting the slaughter.

It really confused me. What did they see in me? I had never been hit on my entire life, and people would always scold me for being the irresponsible little shit I am. So why?

I took a deep breath before stopping.

I looked around as I snapped out of the strange trance I seemed to be in.

The bodyguards tried to get me to keep walking by shoving me, but I refused to budge. I planted my feet into the ground and clenched my fists.

"I'm not going. I won't go back."

Arrow raised a brow before smiling, though it was quite obvious that he was pissed.

"Get. In. The. Fucking. Car."

I stares deep into his eyes, a stern expression remaining on my face.

"I. Said. No."