Chapter 23: Water Park

I could barely contain my excitement the drive over to the water park.

This time, I was chattering the whole way over, playing trivia with random facts I remember reading in some book.

Everyone seemed tired since Damian wanted to make sure we got there bright and early to avoid traffic, but I was too excited to be groggy.

"Are we-" a hand slapped over Adrian's mouth and I stifled a laugh as we pulled into the parking lot, feeling jittery.

"You stepped on my foot." A cranky Callan glared at Andrew.

"Your foot was in my way." Andrew retorted, sneering.

"My foot will be in your ass if you two don't get moving." Damian piped in, clearly not in the mood to listen to his brothers bickering.

I felt my spirits die a little. I wanted everyone to have fun, but they didn't seem to be in the mood for any of this. I thought they were excited, but maybe they were just trying for my sake.

I followed the group, chewing on my lip as we handed in our tickets and got our bags checked.

"Okay, where should we start?" Damian turned to the group.

"First, let's put our stuff in the locker." Sam pointed to a wall of lockers. I didn't bother looking. My eyes were glued to the tall and colorful slides. There was hardly any people, and I was itching to go down a slide already.

"You guys go ahead, I'll go with Casp." Adrian slung his arm around my shoulder. "He looks like he can't contain himself."

I looked up at him, blinking before smoking sheepishly. "You don't have to come with me, I can wait." I offered.

"Hell no! Let's go!" His wide grin was contagious.

"Okay, we'll meet back at the picnic tables at 1. Adrian, don't let him out of your sight." Damian have Adrian a pointed look.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go!" I was dragged off towards where the inflatable tubes were.

Adrian grabbed one and gave me a toothy grin. "We're going on that one!" He pointed at the biggest slide in the park.

"What?! I was hoping to ease into all this first...." I nervously smiled while waving my hands. "No way! I'm throwing you into the deep end!"

I tried to silently retreat but Adrian grabbed my shirt collar.

"Why are you wearing a shirt? Just take it off."

I shook my head. "Yeah right! I'm not spending this whole day feeling self-conscious around you guys!"

"What?! We won't make fun of you!"

"Mhm, sure." I sarcastically remarked. I was the skinny, lanky one compared to their entire family. I was sure they spent their free time working out. I, of course, did not. I was active back in school, but I was more of a runner than a lifter.

"We really won't, but whatever." Adrian lead me up to the stairs while carrying the double tube on his own.

"This is gonna be so much fun!" He eyed me and I grew suspicious. Did he mean the ride, or watching me scream?

The higher we went, the more I was rethinking my decision. There was knots in my stomach, and the height was really getting to me.

Finally, we were next in line. I grabbed Adriana wrist, looking up at him nervously. "Umm..." I didn't know what to say.

"Don't worry." He laughed, wrapping an arm around me. "Just hold on tight and enjoy the ride. It's nothing, really."

I nodded, chewing on my cheek before it was finally our turn.