Chapter 10: A Too-Long Awaited Reunion

You woke up, feeling something prodding at your shoulder.

035 was inspecting the wound of yours, having taken off the bandage.

You sat up quickly, scooting away from him.

"Ah! I apologize for scaring you. I saw your shoulder was wrapped, ang rewrapped it since these were far too old." He showed you your old bandages.

You looked him up and down and nodded, getting up, cuffs still restraining your wrists.

"That's a deep wound, how did you get it?" He asked, leading you two out of the tiny containment cell.

You shrugged, "An accident. I took a hit for a peer of mine, pretty much..."

"...how could such a thing happen-" 035 started.

Suddenly, your stomach rumbled, embarrassing you.

"How come I keep forgetting... here." He said, digging through his bag and pulling out a muffin, wrapped in thin plastic.

"Oh! Thank you..." You said, taking the muffin and eating it as you continued along side him.

Half-way through your muffin, large sliding doors that were previously open in front of you closed.

Quickly he grabbed your wrist, running but unfortunately unable to beat the doors.

"Damn it! What now?!" He yelled.

Why did the doors suddenly close?

The doors behind you that you followed through were still open though, 035 turning around with you to return down the path you previously were on.

Until a vent on the wall started shaking.

"Uh. What is that?" You asked, fear rising up your spine.

He quickly scooped you up, bolding down the path away from the vent until skidding to a stop.

At the four-way path were a large group of bears, the size of 1048, made of either metal scraps or... sewn-together human ears.

"What the-"

Quickly, the bears began crawling up 035's legs to you, 035 having to drop you quickly as for them not to reach you.

That, and to get those things the hell off him.

"What the hell?! What in the world- Get off!" He screamed, attempting to shake them off.

Quickly, the swarm over took him, the sound of crunching bones making you turn your head quickly and run the opposite direction, away from the bears.

He had the key to your cuffs, but it was no use at this point.

You were almost certain there'd be no getting that key back.

This is going to be a horrible disadvantage, because not only are you still restrained at the wrists, he had the combat knife and supplies.

Turning a corner, you see an open four way, surrounded by open containment doors.

Taking a breath of relief, you slow down after checking behind you, to find the bears didn't follow you.

Walking into the four way, the doors began to shut all around you.

"W-Wait! No! Don't close the-" You screamed, turning quickly to run through one.

It was too late.

You were trapped.

Looking around frantically, you almost had no hope left. There'd be no away out of here except... the vents.

Praying you didn't run into any bears in the vents, you began to grab at the edge and pull, the skin on the tips of your fingers breaking open and bleeding from the harsh metal.