chapter one - the meeting

Y/n wanders the streets of her hometown, seeing if anything catches her eye.

She sees her local café and smiles to herself. This was like a second home to her.

"Hi Kayla!" Y/n greeted her friend cheerfully.

"Hey y/n! the usual?"

"Yeah, thanks, Kayla."

Y/n turns around to sit down whilst she waits for her drink, when she accidentally bumps into the girl on her right.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Y/n asks, worried she'd hurt the girl standing in front of her.

"I'm okay, don't worry! I'm Niki, by the way." She says, giving y/n a peace of mind.

"It's nice to meet you, Niki. I'm y/n!"

"It's nice to meet you too." Y/n says with a smile.

Niki turns around to order, so y/n took that as her cue to go sit down. She scrolls on her phone for a minute before hearing her name being called out, so she goes to collect her drink.

"Thanks, Kayla. I'll see you tomorrow!" Y/n then walks out the café, before feeling a hand stop her on her shoulder.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I'm stopping you whilst you're in a rush or something, but I was wondering if I could have your number?"

Y/n turns around to see Niki smiling at her, waiting for an answer.

"Of course! It's +** *********"

"Thanks, I hope to see you around!" Niki says with excitement in her voice.
Both of them exchange a smile before going their separate ways.

A/N:

this is like my first time ever writing any type of story, and honestly, I'm worried it's gonna be horrible, but we will see where it goes :)

What do you think's gonna happen next?

294 words