chapter fifteen - mother

a/n - won't be able to write as often soon as i have to do a lot of revision :)

Your pov:

I wake up to Niki's arms wrapped around my waist. I wanted to stay there forever. I felt her move a little bit, and her head was now on my shoulder.

"Morning pretty girl," Niki whispers in my ear, giving me butterflies.

"Morning Nik's, thank you for last night," I say gently, leaning more into her warm embrace.

"You don't have to thank me, y/n. It was the least I could've done," Niki says, sitting up a little.

I turned around to see her a little better, and my heart instantly melted at the sight of her.

"You're so beautiful," I say sweetly, caressing her cheek with my thumb.

She leans into my hand, smiling at me.

"So are you," She replies, pecking me on the nose.

I giggle at her and feel a blush creep up onto my cheeks.

"I think I'm going to ring the hospital soon, just to check if my mum's lying again," I say, already nervous.

"Okay, but take your time. You don't have to do it straight away," She says with a sympathetic smile.

I nod and smile back before stretching and sitting up fully. I turn to the bedside table, take a few sips of my water, and grab my phone.

I unlocked it to see my mum messaged me again. I ignore it for now and check my socials, thrning to look at Niki every now and again to see if she was doing the same.

"My mum messaged me again Nik's, can you read it for me?" I ask, too nervous to read it myself.

"Yeah, of course," Niki says as she reaches her hand out for my phone.

I hand it to her and focus on her face to see her reaction to the message. I see her click on the notification, and she scans it over before reading it out. I see a confused and angry look appear on her face as she opens her mouth to talk.

"She's a bitch I swear down. Do you want me to read it out loud to you?" She asks, still looking angry, but talking to me quietly.

"Yes, please, I don't know if I can read it myself," I reply, my nerves going through me.

"Okay, no worries, love. She said 'Haha bet you fell for that, didn't you? Hope you reacted in a funny way. I'm just disappointed I didn't get to see it. Also, your dad was in on the joke, and he doesn't love you either. Surprised?" Niki pauses every now and again to look at me, as if to check I was still okay.

I let out a deep sigh, trying to hold back tears. I couldn't believe I had fallen for another one of her lies.

"I'm not surprised she's lying, to be honest. I'm more upset about my dad, and I don't know if I should even believe her," I say, turning to Niki.

My vision became blurred the more I thought about it, tears clouding my vision. I held them back as best as I could, but as soon as Niki hugged me, I couldn't anymore.

"It's okay, darling. Don't let her get to you. You're safe here with me, okay?" Niki says gently whilst rubbing my back.

"What if she finds out where we are?" I ask, my voice breaking.

"She won't, and even if she somehow did, my mum wouldn't let anyone in or say that you're here," Niki says, still holding me.

I nod against her chest and lean into her more. I didn't know what I would do without her.

"Come on, let's go get something to eat," Niki says, grabbing my hand and getting up.

I roll my eyes playfully before following her, wiping my tears off my cheeks as we go. Once downstairs, I sit on a chair and watch Niki lustfully as she grabs two bowls to make cereal.

Once she's done, she places one in front of me, and I thank her with a kiss before starting to eat. As I finished swallowing, I turned to her and opened my mouth to speak.

"Niks, I just wanted to thank you for everything. I know it's a little random, but if I hadn't come here with you, I don't know what I would be doing right now. You've made me realise how lucky I am, and even your mum has taken me under her wing when she didn't have to," I say rather quickly, keeping eye contact with her the whole time

She smiles as me sweetly, a loving look in her eyes.

"Y/n, you don't have to thank me for anything. You mean the world to me, and I'm glad you came with me because I wouldn't be doing so good either. I love you," She replies, giving me a kiss on the forehead and going back to her cereal.

"I love you too, darling," I say with a smile, and begin eating again as well.

*time skip*

Niki's pov:

We had both gotten ready to go visit my brother, and everyone was excited as he was due to come back home with us.

"You ready to go love? My mum is waiting for us in the car," I say, rushing to grab all my things.

"Yeah, coming down now!" Y/n shouts down, and I hear her footsteps not long after.

We ran out to the car, giggling as we got in. My mum laughed at us both before asking if we were ready to go. Once we both said yes, she set off, and we made our way to pick up my brother.

a/n - sorry its not the longest chapter, but it's late. hope you're enjoying the story so far! :)

word count - 983