chapter four - falling

a/n - i'm trying to get as many chapters done as possible before my exams :)

your pov:

I wait patiently for Niki to show up and the café. It felt like years were passing as I waited, and I couldn't contain my excitement to see her again.

I look up to see Niki standing in front of me.

"Hi y/n," Niki says with a smile, I couldn't help my smile back at her.

"Hey Niki!" I get up to give her a hug, hoping she doesn't get weirded out by my sudden gesture.

She hugs me back. We stay there for around 10 seconds before I pull away.

"Do you want to order?" I ask, seeing as I was a little peckish myself.

"Yeah, sure! I was staring to get hungry on my way here. " She giggles quietly. I loved her laugh. It instantly made me smile.

We heard over to the waitress behind the till. I order a small latte and a croissant, and Niki orders a hot chocolate and a croissant, too.

We wait patiently for our order in a comfortable silence before Niki speaks up.

"I was actually really excited to see you again, I was talking to my stream about you last night." She goes slightly red, seemingly embarrassed by what she had just confessed to me. I smile at her reaction.

"I was excited to see you too! And really? What did you tell them?" I say the last part with a smirk, going a little read myself.

"I just said I met a really pretty girl..."

I blush at her words, trying to process what she had just said before our order is called. I utter a small thank you to Niki before going to collect it.

"Do you wanna head back to my place?" I ask, praying that she will say yes.

"Um, sure!" Niki says, she seemed nervous.

"We don't have to if you're uncomfortable, I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that I mean-" I start to panic, hoping she doesn't think I'm weird before she cuts me off.

"No, don't worry, I want to." She giggles, instantly calming me.

I smile at her before we head out of the café, making our way to my apartment.

*time skip because why not*

We come up the door to my apartment. I get my keys out of my bag and open the door, telling Niki to make herself comfortable whilst I go and get her a drink.

Niki walks into the living room whilst I go to the kitchen.

"What do you want to drink Nik's?" I shout, not even realising the nickname.

She appears in the doorway, her face a light pink.

"Just some water, please, and Nik's?"

"Ummm, I don't, I mean, um, I just thought it was cute, I don't know, I'm sorry." I say embarrassed, my face flushing a deep red.

Niki laughs at me before turning away out of the door and heading to the living room again.

"Don't worry, I liked it hun" I heard her say as she walked away. I blush at the nickname she just called me. Why do I keep reacting like this?

I grab our drinks and head to the living room, trying to compose myself on the way. I sit next to her on the couch and pass her the drink. She smiles at me before asking if we can watch TV. I nod and turn it on.

"What do you wanna watch?" I ask, hoping she would say something I knew.

"Why don't we watch my stream from last night, I do talk about you a lot in it.." She starts to take a sip of her water before I say something.

"Oh, there was more? You must really like me, love, " I say jokingly, before she chokes on her water, spitting it out and going red. I laugh at her reaction before asking if she's okay.

"I'm good, sorry, I just wasn't expecting that." She giggles, her face still red.

I laugh at her again before putting on her stream to find out what she was saying about me.

a/n - I don't know how I feel about this chapter, but we move :)

word count - 710