chapter five - blushing

a/n - hope you enjoy the chapter :)

niki's pov:

The whole time my stream was playing, I couldn't stop staring at y/n. Why did I feel this way towards them? Why did my focus always gravitate towards them, no matter what I was doing? I wasn't mad about it, but so confused and scared of what y/n's reaction might be if they found our I felt this way.

I focused on their reaction that I would get to see soon, remembering what I was talking about that led me to say the next few sentences.

"Chat, I'm going insane, I can't stop thinking about them! It's messing me up. I can't playyy,"

I cringe at my past words but still focus on their face. I see a slight blush creep onto their cheeks before they lock eyes with me. I panicked inside but didn't move, wondering if I had imagined the blush that was seemingly getting more red by the second.

"Niki.." I hear y/n, their voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah, love?" I shock myself at the pet name, not even planning for it to be said out loud.

They blush even harder now, I start to notice that maybe I'm not imagining it. Maybe this is real. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear their sweet voice again

"Did you really mean that? Like I was distracting you from playing?" They say a little louder, but still very nervously. I couldn't tell if my words had made them uncomfortable or not. I started to panic at this newfound situation I could be in.

"Um, I guess so, but not in a weird way. I promise, it was just all I could think about was seeing you for the first time, and what would happen if we met again and I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're really cool and-" I'm cut off by y/n, hearing their laugh instantly calmed me down.

"Nik's stop panicking. It was really sweet, and I would've never thought you'd say it in a weird way. I couldn't just wait for you to invite me out, I wanted to see you too because you have also been on my mind a lot..." I barely hear the last part, their blush returning to their face and a new one appearing on my own. We both smile at each other, and we had both just confirmed each others theories.

We had been thinking about each other.

But you're supposed to think about a friend, right?

a/n - I like this chapter, but I also wanted it to be longer. I can't think of anything right now, and I'm really tired, so this is what you're getting for now, but I will try and write longer chapters soon!

word count - 472