chapter eight - germany

a/n - part 2 to moving!! i finished my 10 hour exam today, and im so happy i never have to do that subject again :)

Niki's pov:

"All done!" I say as we seal the last box of y/n's belongings.

They give me a smile, and we both collapse onto the bed. Y/n said they were going to just buy a new bed as it was easier. We lie there for a minute, catching our breaths.

"I'm so tired. Do you want to just go to sleep and pack your stuff tomorrow?" I hear them ask, their breathing heavy as they speak. It gave me butterflies.

"Yeah, if that's alright with you, we can always head over to my place and sleep there, just so it's easier in the morning to get it done quickly?" I didn't want to burden them with me staying over at theirs again.

"Yeah, that works! Although I did forget to leave out extra clothes so I don't know what I'm going to wear"

"You can just borrow some of mine, I have plenty of spare clothes," I say with a smile. We both get up and head downstairs. I grab all of my things I had taken with me to stay at y/n's as they grab their phone, keys, and some other things as we head put to their car.

As we get in, y/n hands me the aux, and I put on Lovejoys new song 'Call me what you like'

*time skip*

Your pov:

We arrive at Niki's, and she makes us some food. The drive here was so fun. We just sang our hearts out together, and I instantly knew we would have fun together in Germany.

I hadn't told Niki yet, but I was actually fluent in German, I didn't just know some. I was planning on surprising her when we got there by taking her to a café I know and buying her something. I know she'll need some time away every now and again, and I don't want her to be stressed.

Niki walks back in with the food, and we talk whilst we eat until she mentions something interesting.

"I'm thinking of streaming before we go to sleep, just a short one. I want to tell my chat where I will be and why I won't be able to stream as often. You can join me if you want?" She takes another bite of her food as she looks at me, waiting for an answer.

"Um.. I want to, I really do, but it honestly scares me a little. What if they don't like me?" I start to panic, I try not to show it. Showing my face to people I don't know has always terrified me, especially since HE'S out there.

"You don't have to meine liebe, it was just a suggestion. If you'd feel more comfortable, you could just be in the back or completely out of view and just in the room?"

Niki was being so sweet, and I guess it wouldn't be so bad being in the back.

"Yeah, that's good, I will just sit in the back." I give her a soft smile before we set up and start the stream.

*time skip again till after stream*

Niki's pov:

I had just ended stream, and I let out a sigh of relief. I'm so happy with how chat reacted to the news, and I was feeling very grateful.

"Do you want to go to bed now? We have a busy day packing tomorrow." I ask y/n. They give me a nod of approval.

"Can I go use your bathroom to wash up before bed?" They ask sweetly. I give them a small smile, signalling that they can, and I get into bed.

I feel myself drifting to sleep when I feel arms wrap around me. I smile to myself, butterflies swarming in my stomach and a blush creeping onto my cheeks. I slowly feel the sleep consume me.

*time skip to after they've packed*

Your pov:

"Officially all packed! When do you want to leave? It can be as early as tomorrow if you want, there are tickets available and we can call the airport for help with our stuff?" I ask Niki, excited but also nervous to move.

"Yeah, that sounds good!"

We booked the tickets and called the airport. They said they'd be there to pick up our stuff around 3 hours before the flight, so we get ready for bed and prepare ourselves for the flight.

*time skip to morning (i'm sorry, i know im being lazy).

I wake up to Nikis' arms around me, I blush a little before slowly moving out of her grasp, trying my best not to wake her.

I look at the time. 11am. Good, we have around 5 hours until our flight, and 2 hours until the staff come to pick up our stuff.

I go and have a shower, and I do a little bit of makeup. I put my hair in french plaits and go to see if Niki's awake. She's not, so I take the opportunity to make her some breakfast.

Niki's pov:

I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs, I smile to myself as I get up. I go to the bathroom to have a quick shower and put my hair in loose plaits. I put a little makeup on and go downstairs. As I approach the kitchen, I hear y/n singing.

"You have a really pretty voice, love," I say as I walk in. They jump at my sudden appearance and then laugh. I start to laugh with them and we enjoy our breakfast.

*time skip to airport*

Your pov:

Me and Niki sit waiting for our flight. They call our flight number suddenly so we can board the plane.

As we get comfortable, I feel Niki put her head on my shoulder. I try to get comfortable myself until we both drift off.

An hour later, I hear the call that we are landing soon, so I wake Niki and let her know. She slowly lifts her head off my shoulder and adjusts her eyes to the light.

We land and are met with Niki's family at the exit. They help us with our stuff, and we take our first steps in Berlin...

a/n - long chapter today! thank you for the reads :)

they're finally in Berlin! what are they going to get up to?

word count - 1088