Count Bob's Monologue & Plan

Bob's POV: I have been searching far and wide for a beautiful maiden to be my vampiric queen of the night. It has been quite the struggle. For centuries, my family's bloodline has found their companion to rule over an entire village but many have fallen to the hunters.

I was born in 1890. It was quite the time, especially in England. Most of my family lived there. My family would live far away from the village. It was too risky. In fact, during The Slaughter, we were the last remaining ones. My brother and I were teens when our mother and father took a ship and sailed all the way to North America. It was Fall during the time that we moved. The state that we arrived at was Oregon. Springfield, Oregon. It was interesting to say the least and the culture in Springfield was so new to my family and I. Our parents would tell us to blend in with the people so we wouldn't get exposed for what we are. They just wanted to live a normal life but from time to time, we have our urges to feed.

Our life was a success. With the amount of fortune that we had, we were able to get a castle manor. It was quite old and worn down. Unfortunately, during me and my brother's late 20s, our parents left us and he too, left me. They wanted us to live on our own but for my brother's excuse- We had our falling out... We will just leave it at that. So I lived alone. It was rather dull.

As I continue to live alone, I have been gathering assistance. Fair maidens that I have been drawn to and would of course, become my victims. They would help tend to my castle as my maids. My butler was nothing more but a foolish human. He was dense at times but was able to follow my commands. Nonetheless, I was still not lucky to find the one that I want to have as my queen. As the years went by, there were very few women that I found interesting but... One was a lot of work, the other escaped me, and the last was very unfortunate. I wasn't going to give up so easily. I will find ONE!

END of POV. October 21st, 2022 is where the story will take place.

Bob was watching from his window, gazing at the town from his castle. It was storming outside which was Bob's favorite type of weather when doing his favorite activities. He left the window and went over towards his sofa, sitting down as he took out a book. "Ah," he sighed with content as he opened it. "Edgar Allan Poe. My favorite author. His poems are quite classic. A good way to unwind during the storm. Walter! I request tea, please."

"I'm coming, Master Bob!" Walter said as he came in with a plate. "I was way ahead of your request. I wanted to have tea myself. Tell me, how are you doing this fine evening?"

"Bored as ever. It's October and I don't know what to do."

"I feel you, Master Bob. Maybe you should get out of the castle. It's unhealthy to be inside all the time."

"If the sun wasn't my weakness, I would be out ALL THE TIME! Sorry, I have been just angry as well."

Walter clicked his tongue. "This is what I mean. You are upset because you need to get out more but you also have been trying to find someone that you want to be with. Loneliness is very awful. You should try to give it a break for a few days."

Bob sighed, "Tell me about it. I hate the feeling. I bet my brother is doing better out there, I am sure." Bob moped, dropping his book as he leaned his back against the chair, his hands gripping the arms of it. "I do not want to take a break from finding the one for me, Walter."

"You know, Master Bob, I have an idea for your dilemma but I know that you will probably decline it."

"Decline your idea? I would very much like to hear it. Go on."

"Oh, uh, I have noticed that there have been a lot of Halloween events over the years in this town. Why not make our own event?"

"Make our own event? What type of event would you recommend?"

"I recommend a costume party. People love to dress up a lot this month. It's a spooky season!" Walter was excited about his idea. "Why not add a masquerade ball? There would be plenty of food for the guests, music, and dancing. It will be very fancy to your liking."

"Ah, a costume ball is what you are saying? Yes, that does sound nice. In fact, this is perfect! I would find the masked maiden and dance with her amongst the crowd. Walter, you are clever. Gather the maids, I want them to tidy this place up and decorate it. You will send invitations to everyone in town." Bob chuckled with his fingers drumming against each other.

Walter was happy, "Will do, Master Bob! This is going to be so fun!"

"Oh, indeed it will. I can't wait to meet our guests, especially the one whom I desire~" Bob grinned.