Chapter 8: Lisa and the Maid

The melody got people moving to a slow rhythm in the ballroom. The atmosphere was breathtaking for the crowd, the food was delicious. You and Lisa were talking, devising a plan in case the vampires in the castle try to pull any tricks. Walter came over with a platter full of cheese and crackers with a glass of drinks. "You ladies care for refreshments?"

"Yes, actually. Thank you very much," Lisa took a few snacks and took a drink, sipping from the glass.

"No thanks, I am not really hungry at the moment." You gestured with a hand. Walter left you and Lisa. "I feel like dancing to be honest. It's a party after all."

"That is a good idea but at the same time, Bob is watching. Try not to let him bite you. Keep your eyes peeled. I can see that two maids of his are out and about. They may try to block our escape."

"True, I hope Bart is okay."

As you said that, Bart was below Selene's view in the courtyard. She was patrolling the balcony. Bart had to be sneaky about this and head to the locked cellar of the castle. "They'll never know, this is easy." He grabbed hold of the chains and found a hard rock to bash them apart. "Sheesh, talk about weak and rusty." Bart opened the doors, pinching his nose from the smell. "Ew, this smells worse than me- eh, equally the same." Bart went into the cellar, not knowing that behind him, Rebecca was stalking.

"Oh, no you don't. No one is harming my master," she whispered before turning into a bat and followed Bart into the cellar.

"Hmmm, Walter, I do want to get (Y/N) in the mood to dance with me. I want you to change the music to something that she cannot resist- to avoid confusion, a romantic tango of burning passion."

Of course, Walter paused on the first sentence before Bob finished so he would understand the request. "Right away, Master Bob." Walter headed up to the DJ, asking him to play a tango instrumental. The DJ gave Walter a thumbs up before playing the music and turning the volume up.

Bob couldn't help but to grin, heading over towards you and Lisa. "Care to dance with me, (Y/N)?" Bob asked, putting his hand out for you to take. His eyes gave you a quick, hypnotic stare, entrancing you to join him on the dance floor.

"Uh, sure!" You happily accepted. Lisa could tell that it was too quick that you accepted his hand on the dance floor. Clearly the work of vampiric charms.

"You know, Lisa, you are more than welcome to dance with us."

Lisa gave Bob a glare. "No thanks. I am still eating anyway."

Bob shrugged at her response, "Suit yourself." Bob knew that Lisa was on to him. "Sad that your friend did not want to join us."

"She's been a bit vigilant with things lately. That's Lisa for you. Parties are sometimes sketchy in her eyes."

"I see..." Bob looked over to see Selene still patrolling the balcony. Katherine was still making more food. He was wondering where Rebecca and Drusilla may be? Vivi! He spotted her next to Walter. He decided that he should get her to watch over Lisa. He snapped his fingers towards Vivi. She was holding a plate full of beverages. She came over, "Vivi, I would like you to make Lisa feel at home here. I can tell that she is not having a good time."

"I can tell, she just left through the crowd."

Bob blinked, "Wait, what?!"

"I will check up on her." As Walter came over, Vivi gave him the plate before she left.

You were listening in, this wasn't good. What was Bob planning to do with your friend? You wanted to ask until the music picked up on que. Bob guided you further to the dance floor as the lights in the room were dimming. The spotlight was set on you both as he began to dance with you.

Lisa headed down the stairs after leaving the ballroom. She looked back, "I should probably stay back but," she was contemplating to watch over you. She was worried about Bart. "I think (Y/N) can hold her own. I need to check if he is okay. I just hope that he doesn't smell bad anymore." She headed to the front doors only to be stopped with a touch on her shoulder. Lisa whipped back, pulling out a cross which caused Vivi to flinch, hissing. "Stay back, you undead, blood sucking creature!"

"Lisa! Please, put that away! I am not here to cause harm! I wanted to tell you something! Really!"

"Oh yeah? How can I trust you? I can't trust Bob's vampire minions!"

"You can trust me! I hate this as much as you do. I hate for your friend to be taken away!" The cross's energy was making Vivi whimper, causing her to put her hands to her head as she went on her knees. Lisa still kept up the cross for a moment but pulled back.

"Hmmm, why betray Bob?"

"I don't want to betray my master but I hate for your friend to become a vampire like us. It pains me to also see her to just become a potential slave like me. Count Bob was interested in me once but I guess we did not see eye-to-eye. Her freedom is important."

Lisa put her cross away, "So you want to help me? No tricks?"

"No tricks. Count Bob is sensing that your brother may be here. I don't see the other vampire maids except Selene, she is in the ballroom." Vivi was able to get off the floor.

"Bart is here, he wanted (Y/N) and I to stay with the crowd. He said that he can handle himself."

"The maids here are very vicious and protective over Bob. I don't know if he will be okay on his own. This is very bad. We need to find him."

Lisa was more worried, she looked up at the ballroom doors and then back at Vivi. "I want to go with you. I hope that (Y/N) will be fine."

"For now, she will be. Count Bob won't plan the proposal just yet. I know your friend will make the right decision but at the same time... Count Bob may try his all to take her."

"We have to hurry!" Lisa panicked.

"Follow me," Vivi gestured as she went ahead. As Lisa followed, she looked back once more at the ballroom doors. "Hang in there, (Y/N)."