Chapter 7: The Masquerade Pt.1

Halloween Day, in the later afternoon...

You were packing your things and trying to get situated for the party. After the threat yesterday, you didn't want any of your friends or family members to be in harm's way. Lightly opening the door, you left the house and headed to Lisa's house. You knocked on her door but immediately the door opened. "Lisa? Hey, uh, look, Lisa, we need to talk about the party. I changed my mind."

"You changed your mind?" Lisa asked with a confused expression. "(Y/N), if you don't feel like going, I will stay by you but bob could be plotting something if we both don't go, which we both can beat him together!"

"That's the thing. He came to me last night and if I don't go he may do something bad to someone that I hold dear. We need to go or else." You sighed. "Do you have any ideas?"

"Sheesh, you're right, this is tough. Hmmm, not that I can think of. He may overpower us with his legion of vampires. I suppose we should go. I have my dress anyway so I might as well get ready."

"Sorry, Lisa. I hate this as much as you do but I hate for us all to get hurt."

"And you're right! I don't know what Bart is going to say about our decision. We need to find him, maybe he may know what to do and we don't have much time. The party is going to start soon." Lisa ran into the kitchen and dialed Bart's number. "Please pick up."

"Lis?" Bart answered, "What is it?"

"Bart? Thank goodness, we need your help on something- more like a suggestion on what to do with the vampire situation."

Bart pinched his nose, "I told ya, just keep yourself safe and screw Bob's dumb party! I have a plan for him. I will put an end to his plan to make a bride."

"Well-" You took the phone away from Lisa.

"We want to go to the party. We can't decline the invitation. Bob came to me last night after I told his butler that I am not showing up. He threatened that if I don't show up, he will do something awful to my family or friends. I hate for that to happen so I have to go. Sorry, Bart."

Bart looked at the time and at his car. "I guess I will be your escort. I need to get ready as well. I will drop by soon. I have an idea." Bart hung up the phone.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

There was a huge gathering, people outside and lined up to go inside the castle. Bart was driving as he followed the other cars to the castle. He looked in his rear view mirror, seeing both you and Lisa worried and pinching your noses. Before being picked up, Bart had decided to cloak his scent with dirt and something else foul. It wasn't a pleasant smell. As he pulled into the lot where the rest of the cars were parked, he got out and opened the door for you both. "I never do this for anyone. I am not the formal type. Fancy, smancy, blah, blah, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, we get it, I hope you take a bath, Bart. That is so gross!" Lisa swatted the air from the stench.

"Lis, I needed to do this. I told you, it's to infiltrate the place and to keep those maids away from me. They'll hate what I put on my body; Garlic and vinegar juiced up with that bag of manure I had in my garage."

"Jesus! Bart, that is so freaking crazy! No wonder I wanted to just jump out of the vehicle immediately!" You cried in defeat of the smell. "I will watch over your sister, just go, please!" You screeched which made a few people nearby notice the commotion but they too, smelled that scent and left fast.

"Okay, okay, sheesh! Also, SHUSH! Like, you are making a scene, ya know?" Bart took off and hid.

"Thank god! I still smell it, let's get inside." Lisa took your hand.

"Couldn't agree more," you responded as you both continued to hold your noses.

As the two of you headed inside, two maids greeted you. You knew who they were; Vivi and Drusilla. They looked very thrilled to see you again but you could tell in Vivi's eyes that she was worried for what's to come for you. She watched as you and Lisa went with the crowd. "Drusilla, I feel bad for our guest. I hate to do this."

"You say that a lot, Vivi," Drusilla exclaimed. "You know we must feed and please our Master. He wanted a bride and she's the one for him. It would be nice to have a queen in our presence."

Vivi sighed, "I suppose you're right." She looked down in shame.

"Stop being a soggy log and smile!" Drusilla encouraged her with her fingers on her cheeks to form a smile.

"This looks so grand! Do you have the bags?" Lisa whispered towards you.

"You know I still do," you replied, showing her the crosses, holy water, your knife, and mini soaker guns. "I always come prepared."

Bob came out from the ball room doors, looking down at Selene. "Everything seems in order. Walter is still bringing food to the table and Katherine is cooking. Where is Rebecca?"

"She said she was doing the laundry. She'll be here soon. She needed to bring the extra hand towels anyway."

"Good, good. I want you to patrol the ballroom along with her once she returns. I have this suspicion that... An unwanted guest may show his FACE here," Bob hissed out in irritation, his voice was venomous.

"I know, I know, that B word. I am on it." Selene went back into the ballroom.

Bob noticed from below the stairs that you and Lisa showed up which made him grin. He knew you would show up. Walter came out, handing Bob a plate holding a glass and fork. He made a ting sound with the glass as everyone silenced their murmurs. "Thank you for your attention, everyone and also thanks for coming here on this spooky evening. This is my first time hosting a Halloween party. It fills me with sweet bliss to see so many people here wearing unique and beautiful masquerades." He looked at you from below again, smirking, his eyes shot a hypnotic glare at you. The moment you looked right at it, you felt drawn to Bob. He chuckled at your expression. "My butler and maids will be at your service for your needs. Food and drinks are in the ballroom and we have music. The classics. We all shall dance through the night. Walter?"

"Right away, Master Bob." Walter opened the doors.

"Happy Halloween, everyone! Come in, come in! We don't bite!" Bob jokingly said, though he meant it intentionally. He was going to bite someone tonight and that someone was going to be you.