Chapter 6: Preparing for Halloween

1 day left before Halloween...

For the past few days, you have been heading to Count Bob's castle. It felt wonderful and his mannerisms were very welcoming. His maids were there to always tend to your every need. It's like you were in paradise despite not living there. Bad news for you, after leaving the first day you met Bob, you couldn't contact Lisa. Going to her house a few times was even more odd because she was not there. You were concerned and you tried to ask around town where she may be. Again, no signs of her.

It was the day before Halloween and you were losing your patience. Bob was busy today so this gave you time before tomorrow to find Lisa once more. "I wonder if she had important things to do with parents? Then again, that makes no sense," you said, walking up to Lisa's house and knocking on the door. "She should have freaking called me! Her car is finally here. Lisa! It's (Y/N)! Please open up! I have been worried about you!" The door finally opened. "Lisa! There you are. What happened?!"

"Oh, boy, I am very sorry. Things got really complicated- my phone of course was another problem. I feel so bad for not contacting you sooner. (Y/N), tomorrow is Count Bob's party and I feel like we should do something else. I knew it was too good to be true."

"What are you even talking about? Count Bob has been pretty sweet. I felt nothing too uneasy about our time talking-"

"You two have been talking? (Y/N), he's a vampire!" Lisa covered her mouth, looking left and right before pulling you into her home and closing the door. "My brother paid me a visit and explained where he was. No wonder he has been hiding. Bob is hunting him and he is plotting to have us both from what Bart is telling me."

"Crap..." You hate to believe that Bob was a vampire but the way his mannerisms have been, it was pretty much vampire behavior. You walked past Lisa, your hand to your head. You felt frustrated and anxious like a tight feeling piercing your chest. You suddenly teared up and looked at Lisa, "Why?! This isn't fair! What does he want from us?!"

"(Y/N)," Lisa reached out to you but stopped and sighed, "I haven't seen Bart for a few days but with our knowledge, a bride."

"Then let's do something else. Let's go to a different event. Forget this! Wait, oh boy, I promised Bob that I would be there... How will I tell him?"

"Ignore him!"

"If we ignore his invitation, what will happen then?"

"Nothing will happen! Bart says he has a plan but he is going to attempt to try to infiltrate Bob's castle. After what he went through, I hate the idea that he is going alone. He wants us to arm ourselves here."

You sighed, "I will go back to my place and see what type of things I have so I can craft it into a weapon."

"Good idea. I wonder if I have crosses that my mother gave to me?" Lisa went to look for them in another room.

You left Lisa's place and headed back to your house. Your phone rang and upon looking at the caller ID, you were hesitant. It was Walter and you were debating whether to say something or leave it at voice mail. The ringing got to you and you hated to just ignore him. You reached for the phone slowly and said, "Hello?"

"(Y/N)! I am checking up on you and wondering if you'll be at the masquerade tomorrow? Master Bob is looking forward to seeing you and your friend, Lisa."

"Yeah, about that, Walter... I can't."

Walter gasped in shock at your reply. "You can't?! But Master Bob is counting on the town to join him! I wouldn't disappoint him, (Y/N)."

"Well, then, he has to deal with it. I just can't go, okay?! I am busy and I realize I have tons of candy to hand out tomorrow. So please don't call me again!" You hung up and blocked the number fast. Maybe it... Was harsh. Walter was nice but he follows Bob's commands and you just can't trust him or his maids. You took a deep breath and calmed down for a moment before heading to your basement to forge a weapon.