Chapter 4: Another Invitation?

"Good evening, my lovely maidens. I am going to fly and bask under the moonlight. You are free to do so as well. Where is Walter?" Count Bob asked.

"He's outside right now fixing someone's car. I think it was a lady's car, did he say it was a lady's car? I am forgetful, you know. Working can be distracting." Selene asked Drusilla.

"Yeah! Walter seemed happy about it and he said that you may be interested in this woman he mentioned~" Drusilla cooed and giggled.

"Ah, a female who may pique my interest? I must find Walter before I take my leave." Bob wrapped his cape around himself before vanishing in black smoke.

"Alrighty, it's almost done airing out. I should make a nice card for her. She would love it!" Walter happily said and whistled a random tune. Behind him, Bob's shadow loomed over him, his fangs ready to bite. Bob was just being dramatic and playful with his entrance towards his butler. He manifested as lightning struck. Walter turned around and jumped, backing up against the car. "Master Bob, what a surprise! Let me finish up and I will-"

Bob put his hand up. "You will pause for a moment. I heard from my maids that you found a woman who may just be the one that I will make my queen. Tell me, what's her name?"

"Oh, her name is (Y/N). She looked absolutely stunning and very interesting. I found her outside the mall. Her car wasn't working properly so I am currently fixing it for her. No need for a mechanic when I am around." Walter laughed.

"Hmmm, I must meet her. I think I have an idea. Walter, I want you to write another letter."

"Another letter? I actually was going to make a card along with her vehicle all fixed up and sent back to her. I can add what you want me to write, Master Bob."

"Good, good. I want you to inform me when you are ready. I want to take my time to think of my note to her." Bob then thought before grinning. "Better yet, I may just meet her, a sneak peek before I do~" Count Bob vanished into black smoke again.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Watching horror movies was a blast with Lisa. However, you felt extremely tired after binging a few Halloween themed shows after she fell asleep. You left late that night and crashed right after you returned home. Face flat right on the couch. After a while, you went into a deep sleep.

You felt a cool breeze brush your skin but you continued to ignore it. You were too comfortable to get up to close the window. A black fog flowed inside. It thickened the ground as more came in on the sides of the window frame. A mysterious male figure's eyes glowed, staring at your unconscious body. As he came in, he walked up to you slowly. "He was right, you are an interesting creature and a beautiful bride-to-be. I sense that you and I will get along just fine. Patience is a virtue and of course, charming you will get us much closer~" The man kneeled down, his fangs readying to nibble or bite you. "You taste divine~" He hissed with lust filling his eyes and his tone feeling drunk from tasting your flesh.

Your eyes fluttered open and you saw a man for only a few seconds before he vanished.

You were woken up by your alarm from another room. "Damn, alright! I'm up! Ugh, what a night. I gotta take a break from watching horror for today." You stretched your arms and heard a knock on the door. You walked up to the window and looked through the blinds. You looked at your driveway before opening the front door. "My car, it's fixed! I think?" You went to check the front of the hood, seeing it all in one piece and it looked cleaner than before. "Huh?" You spotted a tag on the right side mirror. "I am happy that I fixed your car. Safe travels! Look in the mailbox, (Y/N)." You walked up to the mailbox and searched. "Wow, this is a nice bracelet. Wait- another invitation?" You ripped open the wax seal and read the note.

Dear (Y/N),

I like to invite you to my castle. From the first invitation, you know where to go from there. You sound very intriguing and I would like to get to know my guest. Call it a VIP if you like. I understand if this is so sudden. My maid will be your escort. She will pick you up at noon. See you soon~

Sincerely yours, Count Bob

You scrunched the invitation in your fist, looking left and right before running inside. "Me? A very important person? Am I really that special to the host?" The phone rang and you rushed over to pick it up. "Mr. Simms! I'll get ready soon if you need me."

"That is not necessary, Ms. (L/N)," said your boss. "We will need you later today unless one of my employees comes in. I am going to do an interview later with a new recruit so I will be very busy. Actually, come in at 4 in the afternoon just in case."

"Of course, Mr. Simms, I will be there later then. Bye!" You hung up and continued with your morning. As it got later in the morning, you noticed Lisa heading to her car. You can tell that she felt drained from yesterday. As you watched her drive off, you looked at the time. The maid that Count Bob mentioned will be arriving very shortly and you had to look your best.

As you were putting makeup on, you heard a car pull up. After freshening up with your favorite perfume, you headed towards the front door and opened it. You were startled by the maid. She was holding her umbrella. "Hello, Ms. (L/N). My name is Vivi. I am here to escort you to Master Bob's castle. Right this way," Vivi went up to her car and opened the passenger door for you. You walked up to her slowly and went in. She shut the door and went to the other side and got in. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. Thanks. I guess after that sudden scare, I went quiet for a bit."

"Oh, I do apologize. I didn't mean to scare you. I suppose my approach was the answer to that."

"I think it was the umbrella. It's not rainy, you know?"

"I know. I used it to block out the sun. It is a bright day."

As she said that, you went quiet for a moment again and looked at her as she started the car. During the trip to the castle, you kept thinking if Vivi was a vampire. You felt that with her and her response as to why she had the umbrella out on such a nice day. Her eyes were giving you that vibe. As you both arrived at the gates of the castle, you were amazed to see it. It was huge and funny enough, you never saw a castle like manor in your life. As Vivi pulled up, she brought her umbrella with her and opened the car doors. "Wow... This looks amazing! I have never been up close to a Victorian castle before. It is a neat manor, with such a heavy gothic vibe to the atmosphere here." You adored the fountain with the koi fish in it.

"I'm glad you do. When I first arrived here, the castle would be visited by tourists. I felt like it was rude for most to disrupt the owner which is my master. Follow me." Vivi guided you towards the front door. The clouds started to form and the storms started to brew. Vivi used the knocker on the door. "It's Vivi! I have our guest, (Y/N)."

The door opened, "Vivi! Oooh, oh my gosh, it's her! Oh, she does look beautiful! Master Bob would be super duper happy!" Drusilla excitedly clapped her hands and pulled you inside. "Katherine is making butterscotch cookies and black tea with honey! Make yourself at home."

"Thank you! You are very sweet and welcoming. As much as I want to stay longer, I do have to leave around 3:30pm. My boss needs me at my job."

"Oh, you have a lot of time! I will inform Master Bob that you're here!" Drusilla left you with Vivi. You also felt that she was definitely a vampire but very friendly. It was odd, are they really friendly? Some shows and movies you've seen, vampires can be nice. You sat down on the couch, patting your lap. You waited for now.