Chapter 6: New Day New Job

Countryville
~

3rd POV
~

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Y/N groans as they slam their fist against the alarm clock. It took a while until they actually got up and left their bed to the bathroom. They did their business and got ready to head to 'work'.

It doesn't sound bad. How exactly is this a punishment? Maybe Holy, Austria-Hungary, and East convinced the family to go easy on Y/N.

Yesterday, after leaving the Empire Mansion, Mexico took Y/N shopping for some professional clothing. They head to their closet and take out the brand new clothes, stripping from their pajamas and throwing them across the room before getting in their suit.

Once they were done, they quickly left and downstairs and over to the kitchen. UN made breakfast, like every day, and he was scrolling through the news on his phone as he munched on some toast. He already gave you a scolding about stealing.

"Morning, UN." Y/N yawns, grabbing their plate and sitting beside the organization.

"Good morning, Y/N! Ready for your first day?" He asks with a smile, setting his phone down and finishing his toast.

"Yeah, I guess. It doesn't sound all that bad." They hum, digging in their breakfast.

"It really depends on who you're around with. With countries like Britain, Germany, and Canada, it's really chill, but with countries like Russia, America, Brazil, Egypt, and Sudan, it gets a bit chaotic..." He explained.

The two soon left the house, Y/N climbed on UN's back, and they flew off to the building. It didn't take long since they didn't live far from the place. Once they made it, Y/N got off quickly before they entered.

"So, Y/N, you're basically here as an assistant to the countries in this building. Listen carefully, and you'll go through the day like a breeze." UN explained. He gave you a map and showed you around a bit like where the break room was at or the bathrooms or printers all that good stuff.
~

Y/N was currently helping EU and Germany organize some documents for a meeting today. They chatted a bit and got a good bonding time together until they heard a commotion outside.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY MCDONALD'S SUCKS?"

"Oh mein Gott..." Germany sighed. He continued sorting documents and putting them away while Y/N and EU go to investigate.

"I said what I said, Capitalist pig." A familiar rough voice hissed.

"Take it back, you stupid Ivan!"

It was, of course, America and Russia fighting. EU and the others said that this was common, and Y/N wasn't really surprised by it. Before things got escalated, EU came in and calmed the two. Canada dragged his brother away, and Belarus was doing the samething with hers.

"Usually, it isn't my department to get in the way of these two. It's mostly NATO that does this, but he's too busy with Ukraine at the moment." The organization sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Have there been any progress with the situation?" Y/N ask, tilting their head at him.

"Sadly no.. but he and other countries have agreed that Ukraine should move out of her siblings' place since her and Russia are constantly fighting and arguing. I think they're gonna have her live with Poland, Hungary, and Romania." He responded, "Well, I'll go back to my office. Take a break. It's been 5 hours, and you deserved it."

He then leaves to help Germany with sorting the documents and leaving the small assistant alone.

Y/N stroll around the office, saying hello and chatting with some of the countries.

"Hey, Y/N! Are you gonna have lunch?" Israel ask from afar before trotting over to them with his lunch bag in hand.

"Yeah, I was just heading to the break room." They said.

"Mind if I join you? I never got the time to know you, so I thought now would be good." He fiddled his fingers.

"Of course, c'mon."
~

Y/N and Israel talked, playing the classic game 2 truths and 1 lie. The two of them had some fun, and even a few countries came over and joined them. That being Finland and Denmark.

"Ok, I won against Russia in a drinking contest, I never got a driver's license, and my Huskies name is Desmond." Finland said, crossing his arms as he smiled.

Y/N, Israel, and Denmark hums as they both thought for a moment.

"Wait! You little fucker you do have a driver's license! I saw you driving a truck before!" Y/N said, pointing their index finger at the northern country.

"Ah! I thought I had made a good one." He groans.

"I rarely see Finland drive." Denmark said, letting a small chuckle escape his lips.

"So wait, Russia lost against you?" Israel ask.

"Damn straight! He won't admit it, though." Finland said proudly.
~

The trio soon left, and Y/N went back to work. They go over to the Asia department. The ones in charge here were China, India, and Japan.

"Oh good, you're here!" Someone said, Y/N looks over and see, surprisingly, China.

He immediately hands over some stack of papers. "I need you to print these, I have a meeting with Russia and America. The Capitalist thinks I'm planning something against him. These are just reasons and proof as to why my president went to Moscow." He said, his hands on his hips.

"Yeah, I'll get it done as fast as I can, sir." Y/N said with a smile.

China looks at them for a bit before smiling back, "Thank you, you're a sweetheart." He then left to deal with other things.