Chapter 8: Remember

Countryville
~

'Berlin??? Well duh Y/N of course. Who else??' I yelled to myself in my mind. "I'm Y/N L/N! It's nice to finally meet you, I heard a lot of good things about you from Germsy." I said, taking out my hand for him to shake to which he did.

He gave a soft laugh, "Germsy? It's such a cute nickname for Deutschland, and I've heard some things about you, too, Y/N. Though some of them are Germany complaining but the majority is him complimenting you and being worried for your well-being."

"Yeah, that sounds about right, so what are you doing here?" I ask him, gently pulling my hand away.

"I came to drag Germany from his office. He's been having an all-nighter 3 times in a row, and as a responsible capital that I am, I'll be taking him to the empire mansion." He explained.

"I'll drive him! I'm actually finishing off my shift, I just have to bring these documents to Mr. Britain."

"That'd be nice, oh! And before I forget..." He brought out his phone number and handed it to me. "Just in case something were to go wrong, just make sure to call me. Even in the Empire Mansion, I'll be sure to set those geezers straight." He said as he winked at me, "It was a pleasure meeting you, Mx. L/N! I hope to see you some more!"

"I hope so too! Have a good rest of your day!" I smiled with a small tint of blush forming at my cheeks.

"And you as well!"
~

I drove Germany to his house instead. He looked like a zombie. He protested, saying that his father would get mad. Well, you know what? Third Reich can go ahead and kiss my ass because Germany needs some god damn sleep asap!

I dragged Germany out and walked in with a spare key I found under a fake rock, I walk in and throw the country on his couch. I headed into the kitchen and made him some tea and food.

Germany ate and drank the warm tea, laying down on the comfy couch. "Do you think they're proud of me, Y/n?"

"Hm?" I tilt my head him, "Who?"

"Everyone! I feel like I still owe the world a lot from what happened in the past, I have to prove I'm not a monster." He said, covering his face with his hands.

"No one ever said you were a monster, Germany. You pressure yourself too much, and you blame yourself for things you didn't do. It's unhealthy, and it's hurting you." I said, "You might not know it but when you do things like this your not only hurting yourself but the people around you, we worry for your health and well-being when you push yourself too much."

"Who'd worry about me?" He huffs, curling himself up.

"France worries about you. She always talks about how tired and thin you look and how it hurts her to see you in such a state. And then there, Belgium, who always asks me about you. Lichtenstein, Poland, Austria, Spain, Andorra, Ireland, Britain, America, everyone."

After that, there was a bit of silence. He gave a deep sigh and sat up. "There could've been a way to prevent what happened in the past..."

"You were too young to do anything, Germany. And it was in the past. You have to let go of what's troubling you. Embrace what you have now and leave the tragedy you came from. You have a huge family that supports you and so many friends who love you."

He gave me a small soft smile and nodded, fixing his glasses. "Thank you, Y/N."

"Anytime."

"I'm going to go see my family."

"No go to sleep."

"Dammit..."