Lost. Page 14

Going over to the guy who answered the door, he nosed through his pockets and found a key. Holding it firmly in his jaws, he trudged over to the door and unlocked it, the bars receding into the walls. Giving a heavy sigh, he knew hell was about to rain down on them. Looking back up at the girl, he gave her a firm nod. When she nodded back and tightened her grip on his nape, he charged full force back down the hallway.

People were screaming, guns were going off, and guards thundered down the hall. He could only hope he got to the heroes before the guards got to him and the girl. His neck was starting to hurt with the girl's sharp grip. Soon, the storage room was coming into view, along with frantic heroes.

'Those idiots are just running around... why haven't they burned the chemicals yet?!' running up to them, he dropped the girl off with Midnight and growled at her, pointing a muzzle towards the entrance. The woman nodded and took off running with the terrified girl in her grip. Turning back to the two males who were fighting the guards in the hallways.

Going into the room, he looked around and made sure no one else was in the room before he ran to a dark corner and shifted, pulling out a box of matches and striking them. Throwing the match at a box of flammable chemicals, he scrambled out the door, once more a full grown wolf as the room behind him exploded.

He was flown out the door as the two pro heroes looked back at him in shock and surprise. Barking at them, he bolted for the door, the two following closely. Once outside the building, all three took to the roofs and bolted. Akieko dodged a scarf and jumped off in another direction, swiftly getting out of sight and shifting before running off into the empty sidewalks of the night.

When Eraserhead jumped out of the alley behind him, he didn't have time to scream as he jumped out of his skin, not expecting the man to be so close behind. Putting a hand on his knee as well as the other on his heart, he turned to the man with an aftershock face.

"Have you seen a wolf run by?" The underground hero asked.

Akieko knew he would need to talk to the man, or else he would be suspicious. "No, sorry. Are you the underground hero Eraserhead by chance?"

The man looked shocked, but ultimately nodded his head. "Yeah, you know of me?"

Nodding 'eagerly' he put on a bright smile. "Yeah! I am a big fan of underground heroes." he paused for a minute, a slight glare on his face.

"Please don't scare civilians like that... I almost had a heart attack..." his last sentence was a breathy whine as he held a hand dramatically over his heart.

The pro hero gave him a side glance before turning to him with a bored look. "Do you know of a wolf named 'Ru'?"

Akieko 'pondered' for a second, staring confusedly at the pro hero before letting a spark light his face. "Wait. You mean Ru is a real wolf? Those three teens keep yelling about some wolf that runs around here, never seen him, just heard of him, not many people think he's real, but those who do stay well away from the teens, as well as where they spot the poor thing." The man looked at him weird.

"Poor thing?" he looked almost dumbfounded.

"Yeah, they chase the poor thing around whenever they see it apparently, they always say they lose him in the crowd." the man nodded, and went to open his mouth for another question, but was cut off.

"Hey, um. I really wish I had more time to talk, but it looks like you were following the wolf, and I am on my way to the store." which he was, he actually had to get a few things for his boss and the new guy. They both requested him to go buy the team some sets of neko outfits for the cat theme, and the boss had put a raise of money on his work debit card.