Chapter 20: Music Night

It felt like everyone was in the control room, Iroh and some of his crew at the Pai Sho table, and Zuko Jee and I looking over the map on my table.

"I don't know how long the recovery rate for tracking is going to be after the storm," I said, resting my chin on my palm.

Jee traced his hand over the map, taking a moment before he spoke, "We haven't been able to pick up the Avatar's trail since the storm, but if we continue heading northeast–" He was cut off by the shadow cast in the control room by a much larger ship pulling up next to ours outside our window.

"What do they want?" Zuko asked sceptically.

"Nothing good," I responded, eyeing the even larger piece of metal than we were on.

"Perhaps, a sporting game of Pai Sho!" Iroh said cheerfully, and Zuko gave him a look that said: 'I don't think so'.

Three soldiers from the other ship entered the control room without warning. Zuko and I stood up, Iroh never stopping his game of Pai Sho. I crossed my arms, not giving them any warmth. The messenger began to speak to Zuko, presenting a wanted poster of Aang.

"The hunt for the Avatar has been given prime importance. All information regarding the Avatar must be reported directly to Admiral Zhao."

"I should have known." I scoffed, and the messenger returned me a very menacing look.

"Zhao has been promoted? Well, good for him!" Iroh happily said in congratulations.

Zuko looked down. "I've got nothing to report to Zhao." He glared back up at the messenger. "Now, get off my ship and let us pass."

The messenger wouldn't budge. "Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area."

"Off my ship!" Zuko screamed out, snapping at the messenger. They retreated, leaving the way they came.

" Excellent! I take the pot! But you're all improving! I'm certain you will win if we play again." Iroh cried out, winning his game. I had learnt not to touch the Pai Sho board, let alone gamble on it if Iroh was there.

Zuko angrily huffed and sat back down. I watched as our Captain moved the ship forward and left the other vessel behind.

"Admiral? I can't believe it." I said in aggravation, sitting back down. Zuko closed my folder and rolled up the map, tossing it to the side.

"What are you doing?" Said Jee.

"What does it matter," Zuko said in exasperation, getting up and leaving. I furrowed my brows.

"Zuko, we can still find him, you've got the best tracker in the Fire Nation." I tried to comfort him, but he just glanced at me sadly, going through the door. I frowned at his departure, reopening the folder and picking the map back up to keep discussing it with Jee.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Dai Li's Personal Spyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें