Chapter One

"look Trevor i can't even explain to you how dangerous this is" I said as i took a seat on the sofa staring at the briefcase full of weed. 

"Babe listen, i can't do this myself, they won't let me" He pleaded, sitting opposite me. Trevor has been my boyfriend for 2 years now. We live together in his apartment in New York. We do everything together, doing drugs being one of our activities. 

"So your asking me to do it? Do you want me to go to jail?" I asked standing up in frustration. I only found out that he was dealing when he called me last week asking me to pick him up from a deal. 

"Liv, you will not get caught. I promise." He said, holding my hand. I sighed deeply and then looked up at him.

"Fine, but i swear if its a trap you can bet your ass i'm turning you and your little friends in" I said. He smiled and gave me a massive hug.

"I love you so much" He said, kissing me. 

"yeah yeah whatever. So whens this happening?" I asked

"In two hours" He said simply.

"Two hours! Are you kidding me? Did you even think about giving me time to prepare?" 

"Yeah two hours is plenty" He shrugged. I rolled my eyes as he gave me the debrief. It was in a hotel where business meeting are held and important people stay. I was to dress like i belong and then head down casually and hand the briefcase off. 

~
I had put a navy blue blouse on with the top few buttons undone and a black pencil skirt. I paired it with expensive looking jewellery and i was on my way. 

"Be careful Liv, i love you" Trevor said as we pulled up to the hotel. I nodded and sighed

"I love you too" I said

"I'll meet you out back, be fast and casual" He said. I smiled and pecked him on the lips before getting out.

I went in the front doors and passed the guards. One thing you should know about me. I have an incredible mind. I like to call myself a genius. I remember everything i've ever read and i can recite the book of law wherever, whenever. I even got in to Harvard Law, the reason i didn't go is a story for later. I can talk anyone into giving me anything. It's a special talent.

I walked down the hallway of floor 3 and was met with two guys, one dressed as a bell boy trying to get into a hotel room and the other in a suit, standing behind him. I had noticed the bell boy from before. When i passed him in the lobby he was wearing a white glove, now he isn't. I think these were my guys but something seemed off. I wasn't passing the briefcase just yet. 

"Um excuse me" I interjected

"I was thinking about going for a swim, are the pool facilities here nice?" i asked. The pool was closed, this guys answer would confirm my thoughts.

"Of course m'am, it's the Shilton Hotel, best in the city." He answered politely. I nodded. He wasn't a real bell boy otherwise he would've known it was closed.

"And uh do you know the time?" I asked the guy in the suit. 

"Ah yes, It's uh 10 o'clock" He said, raising his arm to look at his watch. As he did so, i saw a cop gun in his waistband. Shit. I cleared my throat and smiled

"Thanks" I nodded as i walked past them. I kept my cool until i reached the back stairs. As soon as i got through the door i made a run for it. I sped down the stairs. I burst through the doors to get to room 2005. I recalled seeing a sign for Harvard Law associate interviews. I thought i'd go and disguise myself. 

I saw a bunch of guys my age in suits and gained composure. 

"Emily Hawkes?" A red haired woman asked. I looked up blankly.