Chapter 5

I walked out of the detectives office and over to the bailing station to sign a cheque. After that was all done i had to sit and wait in the waiting area. 

After about 20 minutes, Harvey came walking out in a grey jumper and black trousers,  He had a cut on his lip and his hair was messed up. He looked hot. No. He's my boss. 

I stood up and he hugged me. 

"Thanks for coming and bailing me out. I'll give you a pay rise" He winked. 

"Yeah its fine. Explain" I said quickly. He looked at me taken aback but smirked

"I just got out of prison and your already asking questions?" 

"you got out of jail after 1 hour. And yes because what the hell were you doing there in the first place?" I asked as we walked out the station and stood still to talk. 

"Trevor came up to me outside the firm. He was looking for you and when i wouldn't tell him where you were, he got angry and started shouting some pretty shitty stuff. So i socked him in the jaw and he tried to punch me back but i threw him into a car windshield. Someone had pulled us apart and called the police before it got out of hand" 

"Before it got out of hand? You got in a fight with my ex boyfriend!" I exclaimed

"Did you want me to tell him where you were and let you get the fist to the face ?" He asked. I sighed, overwhelmed with how much Trevor is taking over my life. 

"Your right, i'm sorry. And thank you for taking a hit for me" I said as we walked to the car.

"No problem, i'd do it again" He said as he got in.  I decided i'd drive as Harvey had to 'recover' from his jail time. Drama Queen.

"So what did the detective ask you?" He started as i drove. 

"She just asked a bunch of questions about Trevor, why we broke up and when he started getting harmful." I summarised. And then i realised i needed to ask how they knew

"So actually about that, how did she know everything Trevor did?" I asked, turning my head towards him.

"I had to tell someone. I was in a police station and your situation was getting dangerous. I just said the stuff he did and played it out like he was a crazy ex boyfriend who was still in love with you, they don't suspect you for anything" He said. I nodded thankfully.

"They did suspect one thing." 

"What's that?" He raised his eyebrow

"That you were my boyfriend" I smirked

"Yeah so i had to tell them we were together so i had a valid role in the situation" 

"You couldn't have just told them your my boss?" 

"Your boss who employed you illegally? No, no i couldn't" He replied sarcastically.

"Well apparently i'm very lucky" I said grinning

"Anyone would be if they were labelled as my girlfriend" He replied. I looked over at him

"Your so full of yourself" I said, laughing at his ego.

"I have to be. I'm the best closer in New York City." I rolled my eyes and chuckled as we kept driving. 

I was surprised he let me drive his car, he doesn't let just anyone drive his prized possessions. 

When we got back to the firm, Jessica was waiting in Harvey's office. I was beginning to walk away when i saw her as i assumed she wanted to speak to Harvey but she asked me to stay. 

"I believe this situation concerns you aswell Miss Redwood" She calmly stated. I nodded and stepped shyly into the office.

"Harvey, care to explain why i got a phone call from Daniel Hardman saying you were involved in an altercation right outside our firm?" 

"How does he know?" 

"Everyone knows, Harvey, and it is bringing shame to the reputation of our lawyers. You better have a good reason."

"It was this guy that's been stalking Olivia, he tried to get to her and being a normal human being i wouldn't let him. It's not my fault he got violent" Harvey shrugged, walking behind his desk

"And you know when things get violent you walk away" Jessica taunted. She was so fucking scary. 

"Yeah sorry won't happen again." He said as he poured a drink. 

"Now the other issue at hand is, we do not condone bosses dating their personal associates" She said, perching on the sofa. I widened my eyes

"What? Sorry Miss Pearson but we are not, at all dating." I laughed nervously. Harvey just sighed and turned to face the window. 

"Yes i'm only joking, but that seems to be the thinking of a lot of people in this firm. My opinion, just don't be seen together as much." She said as she began to head out

"You would look good together though i must say" She smirked as she left. Harvey turned around at that and looked at the door she left through and then back at me. He winked playfully

"She's not wrong" He grinned. I rolled my eyes. 

"stop it" I said as i left the room. 

What the hell is my life