Chapter 8

After i had gotten a quick bite to eat and pulled myself together, i headed back into the firm. 

Everyone was making their way back into the 'courtroom' and i paused.

"Hey, you okay?" Rachel asked as she came up behind me. 

"Yeah im fine, just thinking about how everyone in there is expecting me to be remarkable and i don't think i know what i'm doing" I let out in one breath. 

"Oh come on, Olivia your brilliant, everyone already knows it, they just want to see it. The worst is over, now you just have to finish him off." Rachel smiled. She is so elegant as she flicks her hair and looks at me warmly.

"Thanks Rachel, i appreciate it" I said back as she winked and strides off. She is gorgeous, like i am and forever will be envious of her. 

I heard sniffling behind me and turned around to be faced with donna, tears brimming in her eyes. 

"A-are you crying?" I froze up awkwardly. I have no idea what to do when people cry. I inched closer towards her, cautious of how to approach the situation. I patted her shoulder a couple times while looking around for someone else who looks comforting. I love Donna but I cannot help when people are crying. To my dismay, she started crying even harder.

"Oh my god, uh what happened?" I finally managed to ask, assuming something awful must've happened. 

"Not bad right?" She instantly stopped and looked up at me. I furrowed my brows in confusion

"Ok im scared, what's going on?" I stepped back.

"If i'm gonna play damsel in distress for you, I need to be able to use my full range of emotions" She grinned. 

"Oh my god, i love you" I sighed in relief and realisation. 

"I know. Now focus, you need another witness and at this point everyone else in the firm is booked up." She said, straightening her dress out. I nodded, making mental notes. 

"Aww is mommy helping you clean up your mess Redwood?" Jackson taunted as he walked up. 

"Am i mommy in this scenario?" Donna asked, accusingly while looking at Jackson. 

"What? Uh... Redwood is just uh a baby so..." He trailed off, flustered as he walked away. 

"I cannot believe im gonna lose to that tool" I sighed. 

"Ok enough come on, and you better have your second witness" She said as she led me to the 'courtroom'. I knew exactly who i had, i just hoped she'd pull through. The witness had to be pretty, sympathetic and willing to go above and beyond. So i called my sister Regina. I'm aware i never mentioned a sister, to anyone actually but i have one and she's around. After my mom disappeared, we got a lot closer. 

Back in the case, i was sitting down while Jackson was talking. 

"Sydney Thompson was at a party and made a joke. It wasn't meant to be mean or to be taken as fact and it most certainly was never meant to be made public." He continued to blabber until it was my turn. 

"The defense will show that Sydney Thompson chose to publicly defame her boss with an impression that she knew would be damaging both to Lena Lunder's company and reputation." I spoke to the jury, occasionally stealing glances at Harvey. He would be staring at me every time, i'm certain he never took his eyes off me. 

"I call Lena Lunders to the stand" I said. Donna was playing Lena Lunders and she got up, fake tears rolling down her face and headed over to the stand.