Chapter Two

I walked out of the building with a freaking job at a respectable law firm. i didn't expect Trevor to still be waiting seeing as i had been sidetracked for a while. I wasn't in the mood to speak to him anyway, his little friends must've known it was a trap seeing as they wouldn't do it themselves and they wouldn't let Trevor do it. I got my phone out of my pocket and saw missed calls from him. I ignored it. 

I went back to the flat to give him back the briefcase but he wasn't there. I rolled my eyes and stuffed it in a pizza box we had in the oven. He can find it later. i packed up my stuff and booked a hotel to stay in until i get enough to buy my own place. It shouldn't be too long seeing as my new job seemed hopeful. 

I left him a note saying: don't bother calling and don't try to find me.

And with that i was gone. 

Soon enough it was Monday morning. I woke up to the birds chirping and the sun shining through the hotel curtains. It was a decent room given my low budget. I still hadn't unpacked so i rifled through my suitcase to find an outfit for my new job. What says 'Harvey Specters associate?'. I put a white blouse on with a light blue pencil skirt. It was creased seeing as it had been in my suitcase for three days and i couldn't really afford anything special so this would have to do. I styled my hair and put some white heels on. I got most of this clothing from my mother who was a lawyer before she went missing. Again, a long story that i can tell when we have more time.

I grabbed a little handbag that held absolutely nothing but my phone and purse. I wanted to look like i mean business. I caught a taxi to the Pierson Hardman firm. I had gotten in the elevator and as it shut i realised this is real life. I am genuinely going to work in one of the best law firms in New York. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

The elevator stopped and the doors opened. I was greeted with the same red head who let me in to the interview. 

"Donna Paulson, nice to meet you again" She introduced herself properly. 

"whats your actual name?" She asked. It had dawned on me that i was introduced previously as whoever i stole the interview from 

"Olivia Redwood" I said shaking her hand. She smiled

"Well Olivia, welcome to Pierson Hardman. I can tell your gonna make a great addition." She winked and started walking, i assumed i was meant to follow her

"Next time though maybe iron your skirt, and get me a coffee, double shot espresso with two pumps of vanilla" She said as we walked through the offices. I nodded, not exactly listening as i was taking in my surroundings. 

"Harvey would like to see you before you meet the big boss herself" Donna said as she stopped at Harveys office. She gestured for me to go in. I opened the door and walked in

"Miss Hawkes, good to see you here on time" He said. His office was massive. He had walls made of windows facing out into the city. Signed basketballs lined the shelves along with signed baseballs.

"Uh it's actually Redwood sir. Olivia Redwood" I said. I cringed. Why the hell did i call him sir?

"Sir? i like the sound of that" He smirked, turning around. 

"Sorry i don't know why i said that" I sighed

"Breathe" He said. I looked up at him confused

"Your stressing yourself out. Your here because your wanted here. So just breathe" He said, gesturing me to sit. I sat down and did as he said, i took a deep breath. 

"So, Olivia. I'm gonna call you Liv, it's easier" He said as he sat on the sofa opposite to me. 

"Tell me a bit about yourself, i want to know who i'm working with" He said.