Chapter 6

i sat playing with my keyboard at my block when Louis Litt came over to my block.
I've never spoken to him but i know what he's like and what he's done to other associates. Needless to say, i got a bit nervous.

"Miss Redwood, nice to meet you i'm Louis Litt, senior partner" He shook my hand. I stood up and shook his hand back, clearing my throat.

"Yeah i uh, i know who you are" I smiled tightly.

"Good.  so every year when a new batch of associates come in, we choose two to go head to head on faux cases and i chose you to see what Harvey sees in you" He smirked with his big buck teeth.

"Well, i'm excited to show you what i can do"

" i expect you in the conference room along with the others tomorrow morning, 8am" He said and began to walk off

"Uh sorry Louis, who am i going up against?"

"Dennis Robertson" He responded, still walking.
Shit. Dennis is a really good lawyer. I started packing up so i could go move over to the library to start reading up on some stuff.

As i sat in the library eating sushi i had ordered in, Dennis walked in.
"Funny. already practising and you don't even know what the case is about, are you that scared your gonna lose?" He smirked as he walked towards my table.
"Yeah well if you looked at my books, you'd see i'm not reading up on anything to do with tomorrow"
He perched himself on the edge of my table, looking down at me.
"Y'know, when i was told i was going up against you, i was excited, bit of eye candy while i'm smashing a case? My idea of a perfect afternoon"

"Mmm wish i could say the same" I said, not looking up from my books. He wasn't the ugliest guy but god was he full of himself. I expected him to leave but he still stayed there.

"Can i help you?" i said finally looking up at him.

"Look, im willing to strike a deal with you" He leaned in. I noticed Harvey begin to walk up but pause to watch what was happening.

"What's your deal?" I asked, unamused.

"You come home with me tonight, and i'll go easy on you tomorrow" He said, grinning slyly. I grimaced and looked away.

"gross. not sure what gave you the idea i'd need you to go easy on me tomorrow, but i'm good." I shut him down and looked back down at my book.

"As you wish, bitch" He said as he walked out. Harvey stopped him at the door.

"What did you call her?" He puffed out his chest, and anger was laced in his voice.

"Uh nothing, Mr Specter, sorry" He muttered and looked down.

"Apologise to her, not me" Harvey nodded in my direction. Dennis huffed and turned to look at me.

"Sorry Olivia, i'll see you tomorrow" He said

"No you won't because your fired" Harvey said. Dennis looked up at him in shock.

"Please you can't do that! This is my only job"

"Should've thought about that before harassing my associate"

"Who's gonna go up against her tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'm sure i'll find someone, pack your stuff" Dennis left, defeated.

I looked at Harvey pointedly

"Your welcome" He said as he pushed himself off the door frame and walked in

"you didn't need to do that" I said

"do what? save you from another creep? I'm seeing a common theme. I'm your hero" He said smugly. I rolled my eyes

"i meant i handled it and you didn't have to ruin his career." i said, looking up at him. He shrugged

"It's fun"

"your evil" i replied, shaking my head

"yeah but you like it that way" he smirked

"funny. can you please go find someone else for me to go against?" i asked him as i closed my book and started packing up my stuff.

"Where are you going?" he asked as i headed towards the door

"i've got plans" i said

"a date?" he asked curiously

"jealous?" i replied, turning half way to face him, He cleared his throat and shook his head.

"no, have fun. But when he gets boring, you know who to call." He said as i walked away. I smirked at him

"goodnight Harvey" i said, he wished me goodnight as i left.

I didn't really have a date, just fancied making him jealous.