Chapter 3

My eyelids battered open to see a tall figure standing in front of me. Once my eyes had adjusted, i saw Harvey standing over my desk, hands in his pocket with a raised eyebrow. I then realised i had slept here overnight. I sat up, in great pain as my back had cramped as had my neck, and i cleared my throat.

"Late night?" he asked. i nodded slowly and fixed my hair.

"Yeah, just loads of research" i yawned. He handed me one of the two coffees he had in his hand. I looked up at him slightly surprised before gratefully taking it.

"We have a lot to do today. So why don't we start by you telling me what happened last night?" He asked, pulling up a seat to my cube.

"Nothing happened last night, i just fell asleep here."

"Well thats not what Donna told me" He said, I rolled my eyes 

"I told her not to tell anyone" I sighed

"Yeah well i don't count as just anyone. When my associate is in danger i need to know." He said, seriousness clouding his eyes. 

"It really was nothing. My ex-boyfriends just having a hard time accepting the break up, that's all." i said, blowing it off. 

"Whats his name?" He asked

"Trevor Evans" I hated even saying his name

"Ok well Mr Evans is banned from the building, and please tell me next time, i don't think we should be hiding things from each other if we're going to be working in such close quarters." He said. I nodded and smiled

"Well anyway, what's on the schedule for today?" I asked

"We have a meeting in 20 minutes, well it'll just be me actually, i assume you'll want to go home and get changed" He said. 

"Yeah if that's ok" He nodded and continued. 

"Our pro bono case is this afternoon in court, i want you to be there, see how it all works" My eyes lit up 

"My first court case" I smiled

"Well you won't actually be saying anything, just sit still and look pretty" He said. 

"Easy job then" i said, taking a sip of my coffee. He smirked and got up. 

"I'll call a car for you, be quick" He said. I nodded and thanked him before gathering my stuff.

When i got into my flat it had been wrecked. My couch cushions were upside down, mattress was flipped over and cut into, my doors has boot marks on them and there was broken glass everywhere. I cupped my hand to my mouth and began to tear up. How the hell did we get here. 

I collected myself before showering and getting dressed in one of the few outfits that wasn't ripped. I sat on the floor, observing all the mess and just zoning out. 

It must've been a while because i got a call from Harvey. 

"Olivia where the hell are you? You left two hours ago!" 

"Sorry, just something came up" 

"Whats so much more important than your job that is now skimming on very fine ice" 

"Nothing, i'm on my way now" I said, getting up and walking over to my door which had been kicked in.

I got a cab back to the firm and up headed up to Harveys office. 

"Took your time" He said, setting down folders on his desk.

"Yeah i know i said i'm sorry" i muttered

"What is wrong with you" He said, i looked up at him

"What?" I said

"I give you a job at the best firm in New York, illegally may i add, and you treat it like a chore, like you don't want to be here. If that's how you feel just tell me and i'll fire you" He shouted. I looked at him angrily.