7. Insta + Reality

TW PTSD, Alcohol,  Suicide mentions, Death Mentions

Oli could not get up. The weight of the world being taken from her was too much. She laid in bed, just staring up at the ceiling, fantasizing about a world with her sister in it. Rose would be twenty five, well into her modeling career. Her and Tom, her boyfriend would be engaged, and we would all be frantically planning the wedding. She never would have left the house that night, or gotten in that junky car. That stop sign had not been takin out the day before to fix the graffiti on it, and Oli would not have to check her familys Life 360s every time the went on a drive. For a few hours, Oli just layed there, grief consuming her.

She sighed before Insta and looking at peoples posts.

Liked by @olioop @Gigihadid and 849k others

@Fꟻ✓ Words can not describe how much I miss this little abomination. The photo taken above was one of my favorites because we did a little photoshoot together. By the end of it, I obviously did not want to contenue it (Look at my face), but you took one last silly, insignificant photo. I wish I would have been smiling in this photo, and every other one with you. Dad has taught me how fast life can be taken, but you have taught me that your impact on people will forever leave a mark on the people around you. I miss you Rosie. Forever and Always.

Comments on this post have been limited.

Oli normally posted on the anavercary of sad things, but she could not see how it was possible to sum up everything her life was, and will continue to be in a 2,000 character insta post. Feeling claustrophobic, she got out of bed, and went to the bathroom before opening the blinds. Someone knocked on her door. Her eyes widened as her breathing picked up, and the world spun. Oli sat down gripping her knees as she was thrown into a flashback.

"I'll just be a minute," The hazy voice of her sister filled her consciousness. It was as if someone snapped a rubber band and the memory became clear. An unimportant aunt blocked her view, brushing by her, the woman sent static down her arm.