Chapter 15

I wake up. I somebody grabs my scruff and hauls me to my feet. I look around on wobbly legs for Bird. I start to walk, but a gray wolf runs in front of me and growls. I narrow my eyes.

"You have to stay here, wolfie." he growls.

I shake my head. "No, I do not." I try to get around him, but he keeps blocking me.

"You have to stay here. It's orders from the Leader." he growls. I don't know this wolf, yet he seems comfortable bossing me around. I start to growl, but another wolf barges into me, pushing me away. I am outnumbered. Two of them are around me. I have a feeling that this isn't going to end up very well.

"Go." a wolf orders me. It's a pure black wolf, like me, except he's a bit younger.

"No. I'm going to find Bird." I snarl.

The gray wolf barks, amused. "That ugly thing? Don't worry. We've taken good care of her." I couldn't help myself. I lunge forward and snap my fangs around his neck. The black wolf pries me off the gray wolf, and I'm snarling and trying to get after him.

"What did you do to her?" I growl. "Tell me!"

Instead, they push me away. I am thrashing around, but they get me into a cave. I fall suddenly into a pit. They stand guard at the entrance. I'm barking my head off, trying to escape. I jump, but it's too high. I race around, looking for an exit. I feel like I'm going mad, and I've been awake for no more than a few moments. 

   "Let me out!" I bark. They ignore me. I pace around the room. How did this cave get so deep? Surely it's a human's work. No dog could've dug this and got out safe. And who are these dogs working for? It's all so confusing. My head is so jumbled up with thoughts, that I nearly missed the cry.

   I snap my head up. "Jay!" I hear it again. I jump to my feet and front paws agaisnt the wall.

   "Bird!" I bark. "Bird, where are you?"

   "Jay! I'm-" she is cut off. I hear a growl, and a whimper. What are they doing to her?!

   "Bird!" I howl. "Bird, please answer me!"

   One of the dogs turns to me. "Shut up, or you'll only get her hurt!" What he says makes me quiet. I don't want anything to happen to her. I pace around the room again. I growl and claw the ground in anger. What have I done to her? What was she doing out there anyways? She couldn't hunt, because she's a Camp wolf or whatever. That means she can't hunt. But all those mornings, when she wasn't with the Pack... is this where she always is? Not nessisarly in these dungeons, but where I found her in the first place.

   She is doing something that can hurt her. Something really bad. I can feel it.

   I look up. "Hey!" 

   One of them looks down at me. "Shut up!"

   I narrow my eyes up at them. "What are you going to do with us? Huh? Or, how are you going to manage to get us out of these holes?"

   The gray wolf gave me a evil grin. "Who said we're going to get you out?" My blood ran cold. I lay down and he turns back to guarding. I sigh and rest my head on my paws.

   I am so sorry, Bird. What did I do to you? I hope I don't hurt you anymore...