conflict.

me and jay walked in and she immediately walked to her assigned seat

i scanned the room for an empty seat and i found one at the back of the room, as i went to sit down mr sanam interruptted me " kali , im assuming that's your name correct me if i'm wrong?" i nodded to verify and he continued " since your scores at your last school were quite high i would like to place you next to giovanni as your scores are similar".

my jaw dropped. "please could i sit by myself i work better alone." i tried to plead with the man but his mind was already made up.

i slowly walked to my seat in the middle of the classroom , dragging my feet across the floor with every step and then i sat down.

the teacher brought out a orange exercise book for me since it was english and i brought out my huge pink pencil case and i heard a snicker  from next to me.

"is something funny?" i boldly questioned the boy. "yeah , the fact that you're bringing out all this fancy things that you're never going to use after this week" gio said as he continued laughing.

wow! his voice was deeper than expected. instead of replying i was in shock by the bass of his voice.

i faced the front and continued to listen to mr sanam to finish speaking until i heard his voice again. "why so silent? couldn't find a comeback?" gio argued.

when i opened my mouth to reply mr sanam suddenly asked me " kali could you tell us some things about you before we start the lesson?" i nodded my head as i began to confidently list information about myself " my full name is kali esther brown , i moved from canada when i was young , im kenyan mixed with nigerian and i would like to move seats.".

the class laughed at my last sentence whilst i saw gio rolling his eyes in my peripheral vision. i sat back down and finally replied to gio saying " firstly , mind your business and secondly i am always consistent giovanni."

i guess saying his full name awoke him out of his daydream and he sprang back into the conversation. "wait , what?" he asked me clueless and i internally battled myself on whether i should repeat it or not but i ultimately decided to listen the lesson.

...

the end of lesson bell rang and i began to pack  up my belongings. giovanni looked like he wanted to tell me something but last second decided not to. i shrugged my shoulders and walked with jay to religious education.

jay stayed quiet for a hot minute and i could tell something was on her mind because she always had something to say. "jay what's up?" i asked and she paused  before answering "i know you and gio didn't get off to a great start but just don't be too tough on him , he's going through a lot at the moment". i simply replied  "ok." before heading into class.

...

lunch finally rolled around meaning only 3 more periods until the day was over! in my head i was dancing and screaming but i managed to keep composed in real life.

i got a sandwich not trying to get too much to eat as my father was always at the back of my mind saying "don't eat too much , no one wants a fat wife."

i rid my mind completely of my dad and walked towards my new group. i avoided eye contact with gio and flashed a fake smile at faith, jay malakai. i looked around the booth and realised the only free seat is next to giovanni. my smile faded. but i remembered jay's advice to me and just sucked it up.

"about fucking time." jay said not so quietly. "yeah you took your time , we were about to start looking for you." as i was about to reply gio beat me to it "who's we?".

i counted to 10.

he was in arms distance from me and he's saying shit like this as if i can't beat him upp. white boy don't make me hate you. "you and your mother." i quickly reply cunningly but i notice the table goes insanely quiet.

clearly i had hit a sensitive topic. "i can see i said something out of order so im sorry." i apologise.

instead of a reply i get an infamous barge from gio as he angrily walks away.

"shitt, what did I do?" i genuinely ask the group . "let's just say that you should avoid that topic in the future" kai says annoyed whilst going to chase after gio. close behind jay gets up and follows malakai.

i assume that faith has left but she stays behind to comfort me. "it's okay you didn't know" she says calmly. i hug her in a tight embrace and let a hot tear or two run on my face.

i notice the shift in environment and i believe that she's gone to help giovanni as well but she lifts an arm out to help me up. she walks and i follow behind her like a lost sheep.

we walk around for a minute until we reach the girls bathroom.

faith helps me to fix my lashes and reapply lipgloss. a question runs through my mind and i finally build the courage to ask her about it. "hey faith?" "yeah?" she reply's ",how come everyone ran after gio but you stayed here with me?" i questioned her.

"because why would I leave you all by yourself when he has 2 people to comfort him." she responded. in that moment i had never been more grateful for anybody and hugged her tightly.

------------------------------------------------------

966 words!
My goal is to be reaching 5000 words per chapter but i'm barely reaching 1000😭.

please vote and comment x.
-faith.