par-tayy

it's 6:32 on sunday 7th of May right now and i have motivation again so im gonna write as fast as i can whilst i can be asked.
this chapter is included because i actually want her culture to be a big part of the story and not just disregarded.
anyhoo make sure y'all vote and comment ⭐️.

the school day was mediocre. drove to school with kali , boring lessons , equally boring lunch and then went home. i came home to see my dad.

i had to do a double take because... since when is he welcome in this house?

i don't really have a problem with my dad but my mom HATES him.

my mom has been in and out of the hospital recently and i'm assuming my dad has taken advantage of that, seeing as he's here knowing that my mom would never even allow him onto the drive way.

"hey dad. what's up?" "hey big man. i just wanted to come to tell you that we are going to a party later. me co- worker invited me to his anniversary party and he said i should bring my son.. so you're coming. the dress code is green. please for the love of God, look clean." he begged before walking through the door.

"im picking you up at 5:30 because the party starts at 6. we have to be on time." he finally stated before slamming the door shut and leaving.

i facepalmed and sighed. don't i get a say??

(A/N i haven't even done that much and i'm already tired😣)

i dressed in green attire that my dad placed on my bed for me to wear. it was cute but i wouldn't wear it personally. i was going to make a fuss about the dress but decided to choose peace.

and plus i'm not going to see anyone from school. right?

(the dress)

(the dress)

i looked at the time. 6:15. my dad said that we were going to leave at 6:30 and we might be on time.

i hate our people. the starting time was 6 when they actually mean 7-8. why are we always late?!?

for the next 15 minutes i took pictures that i would never ever let leave my phone and finally leave the house with my mum and dad.

...

we finally arrived and the time was 7. so it looked like for the next 25 minutes i was going to have to help set up. i entered and the sounds of 'aye' by davido blasted through my ears.

i was SHOOK. they had finished setting up! sorry yall but in my 16 years of life i have never arrived to a party and they had finished setting up. (sorry if that doesn't make sense).

me and my parents sat down at our designated table.

i looked around to lock eyes with a certain brunette that i had seen earlier today at school.

WHY LORD WHYYYYY?

i didn't need to see giovanni in the corner of my eye whilst my aunty is busy lecturing me about how 'i'm gaining weight.'.

a smirk spread across his face.

the fuck he smiling at?

the MC (the person who acts like the host but is paid to do it) stood up to announce that they will be serving food and that everyone should start making their way to the food stations table by table.

this was my cue to go make my way to the 'kids' area.this area was for anyone ranging from 0-18. meaning i had to go and take care of somebody's random child.

i sat down next to my favourite cousin, jolane when gio sat down next to me and introduces himself.

we chatted it up whilst eating our food. the dj started playing 'jerusalema ' and all of the aunties ran to come and drop their toddlers , thankfully there was only like 10 kids and us 3 and the rest of the older people could take care of them.

"you should enter the dancing competition." i playfully suggested to gio. he side eyed me and laughed. "no i'm actually serious they are giving a WHOPPING 10 pounds if you win." i sarcastically said. little did i know that he was actually gonna do it!

the dj started playing "personally" by p-square and the whole crowd starts cheering for gio.

black people always gone suck up a white person dancing to afrobeats. my people need to stand upp.

jolane and i  laughed until our sides ached. that was the funniest thing i had seen since i had moved to the UK.

gio came back and my dad came to tell me that we were going home soon. i brushed it off knowing that when african parents say 'we are going home soon' that means that you're leaving in like 2 hours.

---

the time was 1am and we were finally leaving. the party was actually really fun since jolane and gio were there. we took lots of videos and photos together and posted them all. 

the car ride back home was silent. i could tell my dad was going to start spewing nonsense from his mouth. i could sense it.

"you know the oyinbo (white) boy that you were with the wholee night, i think his name is gideon or gilbert .." he began dragging on the 'wholeee' . i nodded my head to confirm. " you better be careful. the aunties and uncles are beginning to speak. you better not go and be ashawo (prostitute) . i told you no boys until you are of age. understood?" he finished.

i stayed quiet. i hope he didn't expect a response. he better watch his tone.

---
1001 words.
i finished writing at 5:09 in the 15th of may.
imma make another chapter this week by fire by force.
sorry for making y'all wait so long just for a basic chapter , but anyhoo make sure y'all vote and comment .
stay super freaky , have great vagina LOVE YAAAA⭐️.